PDA

View Full Version : New to site, looking for Siberian Chipmunk friends

jroddyme
08-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Hello everyone!!!:Welcome My name is Jose and me and my boyfriend both have 2 Siberian Chipmunks names Bentley(male) and Bailey (female) Unfortunately today our sweet Bailey Boo passed away to squirrel heaven filled with peanuts and broccoli. We are completely heartbroken and it seems Bentley is feeling the absence of his best friend, Bailey. He is been in his house, (Fort Stinking Dessert as we call it cause it's homemade and they love it.) and has not been social. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any of these problems or similar stories we can learn from.
We are looking for another companion for him ASAP! :glomp So if anyone is a breeder or has a lead, please let me know. I know that they are about to enter their Fall breeding season and hope we can find a friend soon.
I spoke to a lady that was super nice and we used to talk, how're ever I lost her number when I switched phones and remember she told me about this site. If you read this please message me, I remember one of your Chipmunks name was Buddy!!!
We look forward to meeting new friends and sharing pictures and videos!!:

stepnstone
08-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Hello everyone!!!:Welcome My name is Jose and me and my boyfriend both have 2 Siberian Chipmunks names Bentley(male) and Bailey (female) Unfortunately today our sweet Bailey Boo passed away to squirrel heaven filled with peanuts and broccoli. We are completely heartbroken and it seems Bentley is feeling the absence of his best friend, Bailey. He is been in his house, (Fort Stinking Dessert as we call it cause it's homemade and they love it.) and has not been social. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any of these problems or similar stories we can learn from.
We are looking for another companion for him ASAP! :glomp So if anyone is a breeder or has a lead, please let me know. I know that they are about to enter their Fall breeding season and hope we can find a friend soon.
I spoke to a lady that was super nice and we used to talk, how're ever I lost her number when I switched phones and remember she told me about this site. If you read this please message me, I remember one of your Chipmunks name was Buddy!!!
We look forward to meeting new friends and sharing pictures and videos!!:

:wave123:Welcome to TSB...
Can not help you replace your loss but wondering how long you've had
them and if you have any ideas on why the one passed?
I am also curious as to what their total diet is/was as I find your comment of;
"filled with peanuts and broccoli." a bit concerning.

PS... If you go to the chipmunk forum and scroll through it you may be able to
identify and locate the person you had spoken with.
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?72-Chipmunks

jroddyme
08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks for responding! Seems she got sick out of the blue without any warning which is unusual. As far as there diet goes, they eat strawberries, broccoli, in salted nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews), cauliflower, apples, carrots, and they have dietary vitamins I place in there water along with having a mineral block. There are so many sites, but was wondering if there was a diet you would recommend.

stepnstone
08-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks for responding! Seems she got sick out of the blue without any warning which is unusual. As far as there diet goes, they eat strawberries, broccoli, in salted nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews), cauliflower, apples, carrots, and they have dietary vitamins I place in there water along with having a mineral block. There are so many sites, but was wondering if there was a diet you would recommend.

Here's the link on the healthy diet for squirrels, it is very similar to a chippie's diet.
The major thing you are lacking is a good quality rodent block which is essential to a "captive."

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

jroddyme
08-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Thank you so muc, I will be looking for a good rodent block today!!! :)