PDA

View Full Version : calcium block

CWbrider16
05-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Hello all, I have a calcium block for my flying squirrel but he doesn't chew on it, does anyone have a way to get him to do this? thanks!

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-25-2007, 08:15 AM
There are other things you can try to give him the calcium he needs if he doesn't like to chew on that. You can give him rodent block and monkey biscuits, they have all the calcium he needs. You could also try deer antlers or bone slices, maybe he will like one of these other options. You can order all of them on Chris's squirrel store online. Good luck, I hope you find something that works. Also, don't forget a full spectrum light to give him the Vitamin D he needs to absorb the calcium.

Secret Squirrel
05-25-2007, 12:43 PM
My kidz like cuttle bone and deer antler. Kale and spinage are good source too. I will rotate the items in their cage every few days....what they like today will differ from day to day. They seem to get board fast.

Assinine Tails
05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Do outside squirrels need calcium blocks? I don't want them to get sick.

pamela lee
05-27-2007, 08:30 AM
No, outside wild squirrels get enough calcium from their natural foods. They also get plenty of sunlight to help in the absorption of calcium. No need to worry about them.

GhosTS
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Try Cuttle bone as Secret suggested...Mine love it.They seems to have individual tastes when it comes to these things.