PDA

View Full Version : Worried about two baby wilds

Dexedrine
07-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I saw 2 new red squirrels around my property today, for the first time all year. Haven't seen a mother all year or today either. This is around the time of year they first start exploring in my climate.

They seem relatively capable but are still quite small, and they hung around a tree and fed/napped all day. Now they are getting tired and are just camped up a tree, exposed without a nest, I don't know where they came from but it wasn't this particular tree. It's going to be 40 degrees overnight.

This could have been their first day out of the nest so I'm worried about how they'll fare. They are old enough to be eating solid food it seems like and were getting territorial with each other.

Thanks for any advice or comments

Shewhosweptforest
07-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Aww .... I bet they're adorable :klunk I'm not sure about Reds....I know they're small....so maybe they are older than they appear :dono could be siblings first venturing out :grin3 I'd keep an eye on them.....maybe some fresh water and food:thumbsup I don't think the temps will matter because they've been out all along. I hope they hang around:grin3 Good luck :grouphug

kcassidy
07-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Do you have any photos? Can you take some? What is the update for today?

megatronisabeast
07-13-2015, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I have some siblings that play under the same tree daily and hang out there. They will watch out for each other.