PDA

View Full Version : "Squirrel" food..... Good or bad??

MKsyniak
06-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Came across this on the exoticnutrition website. Was thinking of ordering it for my guy. Is it something that would be healthy for him as a "base" food (I would still offer fresh veggies... Just looking to see if there is a healthy alternative because veggies tend to go bad quick and he doesn't like frozen veggies that we thaw.)

Nancy in New York
06-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Came across this on the exoticnutrition website. Was thinking of ordering it for my guy. Is it something that would be healthy for him as a "base" food (I would still offer fresh veggies... Just looking to see if there is a healthy alternative because veggies tend to go bad quick and he doesn't like frozen veggies that we thaw.)

Go to this site posted below.
http://www.henryspets.com/

Leigh makes the squirrels block specifically for squirrels.
What you posted has mostly nuts and dried fruits which are both
a BIG no no.
Nuts are one a day as a treat.
What you posted is NOT a good base food. :nono
Have you tried the HHB blocks?
Did I give you links to the healthy diet thread?
If not here it is.
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224690&d=1390871511

Keep clicking the picture on, it will enlarge enough for you can read it.
ALSO if you want, call Leigh, she is our nutrition expert and she will guide you
with exactly everything Sammy needs. :thumbsup
Her number is on the web site.

MKsyniak
06-08-2015, 09:40 PM
I have been to the Henry website and have the peanut sticks (as an occasional treat) and the picky blocks in my cart. I was just shopping around to see what else is out there. I'm glad I asked! I was going to order this in addition to blocks because I wanted him to have variety. I do try my best to feed him fresh veggies with his blocks each morning but with 4 kids to get out the door it can be a challenge to cut and prep the food each morning! Is there a dried veggie mix I could look at for times I'm in a pinch? I also have quite a few cage accessories in my Henry's cart and additional syringes and miracle nipples. I am addicted to shopping for my little Sammy!! <3

Thanks for the quick answer!!!!

astra
06-08-2015, 09:52 PM
I do try my best to feed him fresh veggies with his blocks each morning but with 4 kids to get out the door it can be a challenge to cut and prep the food each morning! Is there a dried veggie mix I could look at for times I'm in a pinch?

don't know about any dried veggies, but
you can always cut and prep his veggies (fresh, not frozen) the night before - prep them the way you usually do, put them in the fridge, not freezer (covered, of course) and just take them out and serve in the morning. Veggies will still be fresh and fine, and it will save you morning minutes.

Nancy in New York
06-08-2015, 09:54 PM
I have been to the Henry website and have the peanut sticks (as an occasional treat) and the picky blocks in my cart. I was just shopping around to see what else is out there. I'm glad I asked! I was going to order this in addition to blocks because I wanted him to have variety. I do try my best to feed him fresh veggies with his blocks each morning but with 4 kids to get out the door it can be a challenge to cut and prep the food each morning! Is there a dried veggie mix I could look at for times I'm in a pinch? I also have quite a few cage accessories in my Henry's cart and additional syringes and miracle nipples. I am addicted to shopping for my little Sammy!! <3

Thanks for the quick answer!!!!

Did you see the link to Milo's Mom's gear? I will look for it and send.
Here is the link to her thread on the board. At the bottom in her signature, are links to her store and FB.
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?37850-Auntie-MM-s-Custom-Boutique

With the hard veggies, you can cut them up and put them in little baggies, Get cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoe, sugar snap peas, an orange slice, apple slice, pear slice. They typically love avocado's with no pits or skin.

I can get some of the HHB's in the mail tomorrow, if you want to try some of the picky block ones.

4 kids to get out in the morning................:eek Oh you have your hands full right there! :thumbsup

HappyLittleSquirrely
06-08-2015, 09:55 PM
don't know about any dried veggies, but
you can always cut and prep his veggies (fresh, not frozen) the night before - prep them the way you usually do, put them in the fridge, not freezer (covered, of course) and just take them out and serve in the morning. Veggies will still be fresh and fine, and it will save you morning minutes.

You beat me to that post. :clap

astra
06-08-2015, 09:57 PM

:)

Nancy in New York
06-08-2015, 09:57 PM

astra beat me to it as well.
I guess I got too lengthy, or astra
is a speed demon on the keyboard. :grin2

astra
06-08-2015, 09:59 PM
is a speed demon on the keyboard. :grin2

:highfive

MKsyniak
06-08-2015, 10:01 PM
You guys are all too kind!!!! Thanks for all the help!!!!!!! I will definitely check out milo moms stuff tonight!!!

Nancy you have been far too helpful already!! Have blocks that I got at petsmart so he has plenty. I am ordering him Henry's because I heard those are the best of the best......and well I want the best for my sweet fuzz ball!!! :)

HappyLittleSquirrely
06-08-2015, 10:21 PM
is a speed demon on the keyboard. :grin2 :laugh:bowdown

MKsyniak
06-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Oh my word!!!!! Milos Mom makes the most adorable things!!!!!!!!!!! My wallet (and my husband for that matter) will forever hate me! ;)

I will definitely be placing an order. I have an email into her already!

Also.... I have a food dehydrator.... Can I dehydrate fresh foods myself? (I'm thinking sweet potatoes, peas, apples, etc..... Don't think broc and cauliflower would work well? But maybe!??)

Monipenny
06-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Nancy, Thanks for sharing the link to MM's Custom Boutique, Lily is due for some new stuff, I love spoiling her, she deserves it after all she has been through. Lily is a real trooper, she has a strong fighting spirit and never complains. :Love_Icon