PDA

View Full Version : Baby squirrel wanted

Shuu
05-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Hello, I live in Alabama, and I really really want to adopt a baby squirrel, any type of squirrel but flying squirrels and chipmunks. I said so because I used to pet 2 squirrels in the past, but they passed away, so I really want another now, but it seems like no shop sells them here in Alabama. Does anyone have any idea for me? I'd be very grateful.
Thanks a lot.

Bravo
05-09-2015, 08:55 PM
:Welcome Shuu. We do appreciate your offer.

TSB's goal- as much as possible- is to return healthy squirrels back to the wild. If there was a rescued squirrel in your area that we knew of, that for whatever reason was non-releasable, would you still be interested?

rygel1hardt
05-10-2015, 02:50 PM
A state permit is required in Alabama to keep or rehabilitate any native wildlife including squirrels. http://www.outdooralabama.com/alabama-wildlife-rehabilitation-policies

Rocky1
06-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Hello, I live in Alabama, and I really really want to adopt a baby squirrel, any type of squirrel but flying squirrels and chipmunks. I said so because I used to pet 2 squirrels in the past, but they passed away, so I really want another now, but it seems like no shop sells them here in Alabama. Does anyone have any idea for me? I'd be very grateful.
Thanks a lot.

Can you volunteer at a Wildlife Rehab Center or are you interested enough to possibly pursue a license in that field? Sounds to me like you would be an excellent for that job (full time or part time).

BelindaHopkins
03-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Thanks a lot.

Are you still looking for one?

DarkLies212
03-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Are you still looking for one?

Hi Belina Hopkins! Welcome to TSB! Do you have a baby in need of a home?

Lovingfurbabies1052
04-28-2016, 03:35 AM
I'm honestly looking as well in Alabama just any abandoned baby will do so I can love an raise an let back out into the wild

DarkLies212
04-28-2016, 08:32 AM
I'm honestly looking as well in Alabama just any abandoned baby will do so I can love an raise an let back out into the wild

Have you considered volunteering with a local rehabber?

Nancy in New York
04-28-2016, 09:22 AM
A state permit is required in Alabama to keep or rehabilitate any native wildlife including squirrels. http://www.outdooralabama.com/alabama-wildlife-rehabilitation-policies

Just giving this post a bump.

stepnstone
04-28-2016, 10:21 AM

Just giving this post a bump.

Bumping to that bump with this reminder....

TSB's goal- as much as possible- is to return healthy squirrels back to the wild.