PDA

View Full Version : HELP HOME NEEDED FOR 5 (maybe 6 if the one isnt dead) babies

firerunner
04-25-2015, 07:00 PM
I am in lakeland and I just cant do it. I have 8 squirrels here now. Plus these 5 (or 6)

They are on the way she thinks one has passed (will see when they get here)

She said they look like they just got their fur so say 3 or 4 weeks.

I am in lakeland PLEASE can someone foster these babies????

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:27 PM
hi... I c ur having trouble I would love to help u out if possible...im in Jacksonville florida...

firerunner
04-25-2015, 07:31 PM
I am not sure if these are squirrels give me a couple of secs to get a picture up and tell me what they are.

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:36 PM
have u got the babies yet...? I have an extra room and cage available for them...:serene would love to help out these lil guys..

firerunner
04-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Ok what are they? My first thought was flying squirrels

hubby says mice/rats

so............................

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:42 PM
not sure kind of look like rats but not 100% sure but if you need help we are willing to help. squirrel or rat I love them all..:serene Im sure someone will be able to tell u for sure shortly ...:Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
04-25-2015, 07:44 PM
not sure kind of look like rats but not 100% sure but if you need help we are willing to help. Im sure someone will be able to tell u shortly ...

:Love_Icon:hug:Love_Icon
I just love you for this offer, regardless of what they are............it's a life.
Thank you! :bowdown

firerunner
04-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Even if they are rats you will help? Most people would run if they are rats!

I could use the help I have my hands full regardless of what they are.

Give me a few as I try to hydrate these guys the poor things are starving and so dehydrated

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
yes I would deff help u...I have 2 rats as well I love my lil guys ...there so sweet...:grin3

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:49 PM
my email is beatybab@gmail.com if u would like to email me..:great

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 07:52 PM
:Love_Icon:hug:Love_Icon
I just love you for this offer, regardless of what they are............it's a life.
Thank you! :bowdown

aww ty so much for that... we rescued r lil babies and fell head over hills for them and I also have 2 rats of my own ...would love to help anybody that needs it ... and its also a plus for the lil babies..:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Shewhosweptforest
04-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Yay! Great save! And they all appear to be alive still :Love_Icon I'm with you guys....a furbaby is a furbaby! Hand raised ratties :Love_Icon Better start advertising for homes:grin3 I'd never release rats....live is dangerous for them..much worse than squirrels :(

Bravo to you all :bowdown

Mommaluvy
04-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Way to work together! Whoot!

I agree rat or mice.. Shoot a PM to Lovesmice .. Its late for her tonight but she will get ya on the AM

pixiepoo
04-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Awww so precious. I love little ratties and mine. Looks like a rat to me but it's hard to determine the size from the pic. But one thing is certain...they are cute cute cute!

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 08:14 PM
love any fur baby...all r welcome here...:grouphug this is puddles one of r rats..

firerunner
04-25-2015, 08:23 PM
OK got them some pedialyte, planning on every 30 to 60 mins

they are so little and so starving and so dehydrated!

and I will definitely take you up on the offer to help

let me get thru the night and I will email you in the morning

sissyandbubba
04-25-2015, 08:34 PM
OK got them some pedialyte, planning on every 30 to 60 mins

they are so little and so starving and so dehydrated!

and I will definitely take you up on the offer to help

let me get thru the night and I will email you in the morning

wonderful...... :grin3 :grouphug

Kristi S
04-25-2015, 09:17 PM
Sheesh, I would have said squirrel because of the size of the head in proportion to the body - shows how much I know! They look pretty similar, don't they. I mean, don't they?

pixiepoo
04-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Sheesh, I would have said squirrel because of the size of the head in proportion to the body - shows how much I know! They look pretty similar, don't they. I mean, don't they?

Squirrels have black toenails...well most (flyers have normal clear). :)

Shewhosweptforest
04-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Oh Puddles is adorable :blowkiss

I hope the babies do well through the night...sending love and tons of good vibes :grouphug

Annabelle's papa
04-25-2015, 10:58 PM
love any fur baby...all r welcome here...:grouphug this is puddles one of r rats..

:)Hi furninaandfurchris, Bless Ya'll's Hearts for helping out firerunner and the Lil' Ones, Puddles is Beautiful.:Love_Icon I never hesitate to say how intelligent and relaxed rats can be, they always have something Important on their minds.:)

firerunner
04-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately we lost 5 of the babies last night. They were severely dehydrated and starving. Two passed away within 60 mins of them getting here. We have one left which will we continue to give TLC to. If he lives he can stay with us, if he passes, then at least they all passed on warm and safe.

Thank you sissyandbubba for your offer to help.

HRT4SQRLS
04-26-2015, 07:27 AM
Aww, so sorry firerunner. Thanks for giving them care as they left.
I know you had a rough night. :grouphug

firerunner
04-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Its funny every time one died..i cried

but we decided to keep the last one --- we named him Hercules

and so far so good He is eating ok and pooping and peeing.

Shewhosweptforest
04-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Awww I'm so sorry Firerunner....you had your run through fire last night :sniff I'm hoping Hercules will have the strength of his namesake to survive....I know how you feel :shakehead a little girl brought me a "squirrel" to school last week :dono I'm pretty sure he was a rat....he only lived a few hours...but it still broke my heart :sadness I just see the potential in these little babies and it's heartbreaking when it's not achieved :shakehead as you said at least they passed safe and warm, and most importantly..loved:Love_Icon I'll continue to pray for Hercules :Love_Icon

sissyandbubba
04-26-2015, 11:49 AM
:)Hi furninaandfurchris, Bless Ya'll's Hearts for helping out firerunner and the Lil' Ones, Puddles is Beautiful.:Love_Icon I never hesitate to say how intelligent and relaxed rats can be, they always have something Important on their minds.:)

Yes they do lol....always into s III something... I can help anytime :grin3

sissyandbubba
04-26-2015, 11:52 AM
So sorry for ur pain... U r a saint helping these babies.. rats or squirrels :sadness

Cesta
04-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Hi there FireRunner,
If you need any help I am east of Tampa, much closer than Jax, and would be willing to give them a shot. My babies are all out of the incubator boxes now and I'm itching for more. Just a thought.. I certainly don't want to 'steal' anyone's babies if you already have your heart set on them, sissyandbubba! :Love_Icon Please JLMK.
-Chris :)

Cesta
04-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, I have a bad habit of skimming and I missed the part where they died. :embar
I'm sure you had a rough night. My thoughts and prayers are with you, I'm sure you're grieving even though they were with you for just a short time. :sadness
:Love_Icon :glomp :Love_Icon