PDA

View Full Version : First time owner, Help Needed

leahg
04-04-2015, 01:29 PM
The day before yesterday I found two squirrel babies, after waiting for their mother to arrive I decided to pick them up and bring them inside, I checked their bodies and they seemed uninjured, but a bit dehydrated.They are between 4-6 weeks old, one has his eyes open while the other does not. After bringing them inside, I gave them both 3cc of pedialyte, I later tried once again to find the mother;no luck. They've been getting 6cc every four hours of the Esbilac milk substance. They are doing fine, Im just wanting to make sure I'm doing this right!
ThankS, Leah :blowkiss

Annabelle's papa
04-04-2015, 01:45 PM
The day before yesterday I found two squirrel babies, after waiting for their mother to arrive I decided to pick them up and bring them inside, I checked their bodies and they seemed uninjured, but a bit dehydrated.They are between 4-6 weeks old, one has his eyes open while the other does not. After bringing them inside, I gave them both 3cc of pedialyte, I later tried once again to find the mother;no luck. They've been getting 6cc every four hours of the Esbilac milk substance. They are doing fine, Im just wanting to make sure I'm doing this right!
ThankS, Leah :blowkiss

:) Hi Ms. Leah and :Welcome to The Squirrel Board , glad you were able to rescue these two Lil' Soul's. Can you give a better description of the Esbilac you are using, and can you post some weights and photos of the Lil' Ones.:great

leahg
04-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks Anna Belle!
The Esbilac, is a powder substance mixed with water!(Puppy Formula)
The first baby is Hip, while the second is Hop!:clap:dance

Annabelle's papa
04-04-2015, 02:49 PM
:)Wow they are Beautiful,:klunk:klunk there should have been a Warning before those cute photos.:serene

Annabelle's papa
04-04-2015, 02:54 PM
:)The formula sounds great also, does it have a blue band near the top of the can that says With pre and probiotics, or is the third ingredient listed whey protein, I think that's what it should say but I will need to check. And are you mixing with 2 parts water and 1 part powder.:great

pjjere
04-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks for helping these little ones. They are precious! Have you ever raised baby squirrels before? One of the most important things is to use proper feeding techniques so as not to aspirate the little ones. Here is a link and please ask any questions!

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?36776-PROPER-FEEDING-TECHNIQUE!!

leahg
04-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Aw!!! Thanks so much! They're so sweet & sleepy! :gigg
All of the points you made were correct!! :serene:serene

leahg
04-04-2015, 03:02 PM
pjjere
Thanks for the video, my babies are fantastic about feeding time! :grin2