PDA

View Full Version : Need dosing for pneumonia

Mommaluvy
04-01-2015, 08:55 AM
93 gram
Dehydrated and very thin - appropriate length
6 weeks ? Eyes open tail not curved or fluffed

Suspect human baby formula was given by finders . Presented with diarrhea
Although finder reports nothing byt pe ledilyte for 3 days had brown mushy poop when i recieved him .
Did urinate clear though while i was trying to rehyadrate .
Very confused about hydration level

Giving sub q as he is conscious but not actively trying to eat.

Seized this am honey on gum( looked like it to me - ridged with head thrown back arms and legs out )

I have cipro 250
And
Smz 800 tmp 160

I also have a liqud smz tmp for a similar sized sqiurrel from the vet but its 5 months old and has been ib fridge. Is it still good or should i dump.

Mommaluvy
04-01-2015, 08:56 AM
I dont want to give him meds till he is better hydrated . But he sounds really congested - with intermeting purring and or very soft clicks.

lennysmom
04-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Sent you a PM :)

Nancy in New York
04-01-2015, 09:19 AM
93 gram
Dehydrated and very thin - appropriate length
6 weeks ? Eyes open tail not curved or fluffed

Suspect human baby formula was given by finders . Presented with diarrhea
Although finder reports nothing byt pe ledilyte for 3 days had brown mushy poop when i recieved him .
Did urinate clear though while i was trying to rehyadrate .
Very confused about hydration level

Giving sub q as he is conscious but not actively trying to eat.

Seized this am honey on gum( looked like it to me - ridged with head thrown back arms and legs out )

I have cipro 250
And
Smz 800 tmp 160

I also have a liqud smz tmp for a similar sized sqiurrel from the vet but its 5 months old and has been ib fridge. Is it still good or should i dump.

OK I am figuring this out now and will pm you how to dose in case you want to use the Cipro 250mg.
In the mean time, read this, about hydration. IF you have any questions, post them on the board, ok?
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?49708-SHORTCUT-METHOD-OF-FLUID-CALCULATION

Mommaluvy
04-01-2015, 09:22 AM
OK I am figuring this out now and will pm you how to dose in case you want to use the Cipro 250mg.
In the mean time, read this, about hydration. IF you have any questions, post them on the board, ok?
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?49708-SHORTCUT-METHOD-OF-FLUID-CALCULATION

Thank you so much.