PDA

View Full Version : HARLEM NY: 8 BABIES IN COUCH - EXTERMINATOR COMING ?

BigNibbler
03-28-2015, 11:57 AM
This could be a total wild good chase, but in the news
http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...attan-man.html (http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2015/03/28/pack-of-baby-squirrels-allegedly-attack-manhattan-man.html)

Any Manhattan-ites nearby to help ?

The Squirrel Mother was only protecting her babies.

An exterminator will trap and kill them all. They could be relocated ?

Anyone in the area - near one of the parks ?

This person's contact info is available.

I PM'ed contact info to IR.

Annabelle's papa
03-28-2015, 12:16 PM
:) Amen BN, the validity of that story doesn't hold water with me on several different levels, "Phone and Cable out" that sounds like a disconnect and not something a Daughter and Law could "Fix". The first portion of the News Reel appeared to be stock footage, and I tried to look at some of the Apt numbers to see what floor they were on but couldn't tell. I also believe if an active family of Sqee's were in the hallway of that building, that maintenance wouldn't be waiting until Monday to react. Oh, and the "Hole" in the furniture wasn't made by any Animal, I would think someone is trying to make a case against their property manager.:tilt

BigNibbler
03-28-2015, 12:22 PM
I am the biggest cynic and skeptic. Have spent some time in that area years ago.
She seems a bit believable. It is certainly bad press.
The person is in advanced age.
There could be vandals or just general property neglect.

Things happen. I am trying not to get involved in this.
Have to leave for shoot very soon.
Spent much time on board this week.
Got to get to work.
I have the phone number and I am charging my extra phone.. .maybe I will give it a shot if I can.
Just in the slim chance it is real / and communication works.
Probably not 8, how does he know they are eight, when could he count them all at once ?

BigNibbler
03-28-2015, 12:44 PM
I CALLED THE TENANT. SHE IS FOR REAL!
EDUCATED AND INTERESTING.
They moved the chair and all pillows outside.
The squirrels all ran out.
None inside.
They are free!
Had a fascinating conversation with her.
They had some openings by the window.
Squirrels must have come in unbeknownst to the the elderly person there.

Annabelle's papa
03-28-2015, 12:59 PM
:) I certainly understand your concern BN, the story itself sounds sad for the gentleman involved, especially at that age.:sadness But I think Squirrel's are just being used as a scapegoat, I don't think any are in harm's way.:great

In my entire life I've only seen proof of a real Squirrel attack on an unsuspecting person one time, (although I've heard of it happening more than once,) I've only seen actual proof one time over thirty years ago, and honestly that is the only negative info I've ever seen. :great

There are retired firemen and inspectors who have never once cited rodents and wire chewing as a cause of house fires, it's practically urban legend. When an Animal breaks the insulation on wiring it hurts the Animal not the home, as with lamp and extension cords, etc. Electrical wiring originally didn't have an insulated coating, and was threaded through ceramic tubes. (Knob and Tube) Many home fires that start in the ceiling happen because of using over rated bulbs, ceiling fixtures and lamps have yellow or red stickers that warn against using bulbs over 60 watts.

Anne
03-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Such a relief to see good news. Glad no squees were injured or worse!

Annabelle's papa
03-28-2015, 01:08 PM
I CALLED THE TENANT. SHE IS FOR REAL!
EDUCATED AND INTERESTING.
They moved the chair and all pillows outside.
The squirrels all ran out.
None inside.
They are free!
Had a fascinating conversation with her.
They had some openings by the window.
Squirrels must have come in unbeknownst to the the elderly person there.

:) Amen at least the Squirrel's will be alright, but that many still sounds rare, and I'll take the Animal's side every time. Shark Attacks, Shark Attacks, when a Shark shows up at someones home (SNL 1975) and attack's them, it's an attack, until then it's not an attack, it's Lunch.:tilt

island rehabber
03-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Phew.....glad they're out and free and glad I don't need to jump in the minivan and go get them. Poor babies must have been scared out of their minds!