PDA

View Full Version : Sidekick's Toothies

Spanky
03-27-2015, 07:56 AM
I am hoping to get some feedback on Sidekick's teeth since I am no tooth expert. He is was HBC two weeks ago yesterday and his uppers were knocked out.

Here is the post with the pics:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?49582-Car-Hit-Squirrel/page6

The uppers are coming in dark orange.. is that an issue?

I am *thinking* (hoping?) the upper's misalignment is because of the wooden wedge I have in there...

Do folks think those lowers need to be trimmed?

Do I need to get better pictures?

Or maybe this is wait another week and see where we are?

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?49582-Car-Hit-Squirrel/page6

Thanks!

SammysMom
03-27-2015, 07:58 AM
My only experience with teeth has been Twitch. She had hers trimmed down to almost nothing a few times because one was crooked. They have seemingly straightened out because of the regular trims. I would think that in order to try to get them to line up as the uppers grow in, you would want the lowers to be trimmed. Others may have other more experienced thoughts, but that would be mine.

Nancy in New York
03-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Spanky, can I make a suggestion?
Can I move this thread into non life threatening?
I only suggest that because it gets MORE attention and eyes on it.
You have it in the correct forum, but typically these get lost when posted
down here.

Oh better pictures would always help. See if KT can click away while you
hold. Also, just throwing this out there, sometimes if you hold a nut up in front
of them they open their mouth (with no wood obstruction) for a great shot. :dono

TubeDriver
03-27-2015, 08:03 AM
They are darker than usual but Orange is the correct color.

Alignment is difficult if not impossible to see when wedging teeth open. Their teeth can move like chopsticks. The overall alignment looks pretty good there.

Bottom teeth length looks alright.

I would definetly wait a couple weeks and see how they wear. That way, no guessing, you will know for sure everything is wearing fine or not.

Try getting picture when he is eating. Take a bunch and one or two pics will usually show their teeth.

Spanky
03-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Try getting picture when he is eating. Take a bunch and one or two pics will usually show their teeth.

I will try to get some pics while he is eating but he will not come out of the cubby when I am in the room. I have been recording on the webcam but the resolution is not very good and only has digital zoom (not that my Canon "Powershot" is great). Sometimes I have seen him yawn really big and stretch coming out of the cubby and that is what I am trying to "catch" on the webcam. I have a few hours to review, maybe there is something in there someplace.