PDA

View Full Version : Root veggies

sqrlnut
03-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi All,

My question is about root veggies for "indoor" squirrels. Are sweet potatoes harmful to squirrels? Also, are other root veggies like radishes ok? Someone told me sweet potatoes cause liver/kidney problems in squirrels. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Thanks,
Janet

Annabelle's papa
03-27-2015, 03:00 AM
Hi All,

My question is about root veggies for "indoor" squirrels. Are sweet potatoes harmful to squirrels? Also, are other root veggies like radishes ok? Someone told me sweet potatoes cause liver/kidney problems in squirrels. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Thanks,
Janet

:wave123 Hi sqrlnut and :Welcome to The Squirrel Board . Please click on this link, www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels and review the lists and chart provided to insure you're providing a Healthy diet rich in Calcium and low in Phosphorus. :great

:) In answer to your specific question about sweet potatoes, you will find them listed in group 3 meaning they should be limited, and most important sweet potatoes "must be cooked" before you offer them. :tilt

:thumbsup Please post some Squirrel Photos if you have any, and don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you need answered. :dance

nchls_school
03-27-2015, 06:41 AM
How about jicama? It's not on the list.

sqrlnut
03-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Thank You So Much, Annabelle, this is valuable info! BTW, I love your name, my great niece's name is Annabelle :):):)

:thankyou

Annabelle's papa
03-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Thank You So Much, Annabelle, this is valuable info! BTW, I love your name, my great niece's name is Annabelle :):):)

:thankyou

:) Bless Your Heart Ms. Janet, You are very much Welcome for the info, everyone here is more than happy to help anytime.:dance I'm actually Annabelle's papa Patrick, :tilt and I see you listed PA as your location, I'm from the South, however my Mother was born and raised in Philadelphia.:great Please post some Photos of your Squirrel, and remember every question you may have is Important.:)