PDA

View Full Version : Almond Meal?

rottilvr79
03-20-2015, 11:08 PM
I stopped by a local organic grocery store last night. I picked up a container of almond meal. It looks like a grainy flour. Can that be used to make blocks? In place of either the wheat flour or the ground nuts?

Anne
03-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Yes it can be. I replace the wheat flour with homemade oat flour (regular-not instant or quick- oat meal ground fine in a coffee grinder) the almond meal can be used as part of the nuts, I use pecan meal. Wish I could find the almond meal!

HRT4SQRLS
03-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Yes it can be. I replace the wheat flour with homemade oat flour (regular-not instant or quick- oat meal ground fine in a coffee grinder) the almond meal can be used as part of the nuts, I use pecan meal. Wish I could find the almond meal!

Anne, I found the almond meal/flour at Publix in the International section. The brand is Bob's Red Mill. Not all Publix have it though. They also had hazelnut flour. I would have bought it but it was expired and I wasn't going to take a chance on it being rancid at THAT price. Maybe I'll ask the manager if they would want to get rid of that expired product. I would need a big discount. :tilt I think it was regularly $12.99.

rottilvr79
03-21-2015, 09:43 PM
I found this at a store called Earth Fare. Our version of Whole Foods I guess. I decided to give it a try, and will use it the next time I make blocks. At something like $9 per pound, it probably won't be a permanent trade. LOL