PDA

View Full Version : henerys healthy block recipie

pnut2014
03-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Per Lee at henerys there's a recipie close to hers which is Lee at henerys healthy pets , tht is close to their actual recipie 17 down posted by someone named sunshine. I do not c it. Being as I already have the pure whey protein isolate and vitamens I'd like to use it. What most do wrong is tht the vitamens from henerys already have the calcium n it. Wld someone plz post the recipe for HENERYS HEALTHY BLOCK. If the pic didn't show sorry .I preview it but couldn't remove it. Seems like it got croped. Pnut is doing well.shes 444 grams now.

astra
04-11-2015, 03:08 AM
here is the recipe:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?48634-adult-squirrel-recipe&p=1061499#post1061499

not sure i understand what you mean by something being wrong that there is calcium, and that you have some vitamins that you want to use.

Do you mean that you want to use some other vitamins and protein?
If that's what you are trying to say, then, do not do that.

Henry's vitamins do already have calcium PRECISELY so that you do not have to calculate all it yourself AND you do not over dose or underdose by adding calcium manually.

Also, the ratios in HEnry's Vits are all calculated specifically to meet squirrels' needs.
If you want to use some human vitamins - you risk overdosing your squirrel and/or creating nutritional imbalances that may not be apparent right away, but will show up as various health problems down the road.

Human vitamins are sold in ratios meant for humans.

Henry's Vits are made in ratios meant for squirrels.

Because human vitamins are in ratios meant for humans, you cannot use them for squirrels whose ratios are different.

To create your own vitamins you literally have to buy each vitamin and mineral yourself and then carefully measure and weigh them in order to create the correct ratios - that is nearly impossible at home AND it is much more expensive (b/c you have to buy each vit and mineral separately).

It is much cheaper and economical to just buy Henry's Vitamins.
If you buy in bulk, it will last you 5.5 months for one squirrel, which is a lot and which means you only have to buy them 2-3 times per year.
That's not a lot.

Also about protein powder.
If you are buying protein powder from some Health Food stores and/or GNC, Vitamin Shoppe type of stores, most likely you are buying the protein intended for bodybuilders and such.
THAT protein powders are usually full of all sorts of additives, excessive amino acids and hidden steroids - none of which you squirrel needs. Even if these additives are not listed, they are usually still there (because of the ambiguous regulations regarding what should be listed and what does not have to be listed).
All these additives will eventually result in health problems for a squirrel.
Also most protein powders sold in such stores contain soy - something better be avoided for rodents.

Henry's Pets sells normal, regular, clean protein powder with no steroids hiding in it.
And again - buying in bulk is very economical.

So, if you do decide to make homemade HHBs, just buy Henry's Vitamins and Protein.