PDA

View Full Version : how to make or buy a one way door.

cookiebun
03-12-2015, 10:56 AM
The guys I work with are too lazy to look up how to make a one way exclusion door. Does anyone know where to get these for a good price? How about some easy to follow plans? I need some thing for tightspaces.
I'm sick of these knotheads. :frustratedx:madd

Bravo
03-12-2015, 12:00 PM
(edited) Link lead to ornery cusses... read next posts. :peace

jbtartell
03-12-2015, 12:13 PM
ummm Bravo..lol they are mean peeps... guess the could have been meaner...hehehehe :grin3

Bravo
03-12-2015, 12:16 PM
I didn't listen to the sound... please disregard if innapropriate! :embar However, there seem to be several options if you google one-way exclusion for squirrels.

jbtartell
03-12-2015, 12:18 PM
I did not listen either lol I was reading the caption...lol

Bravo
03-12-2015, 12:20 PM
:rolf

jbtartell
03-12-2015, 12:24 PM
You are fast lol I went back to listen and it is gone...lol :tap

cookiebun
03-12-2015, 04:47 PM
I didn't listen to the sound... please disregard if innapropriate! :embar However, there seem to be several options if you google one-way exclusion for squirrels.

I already did that. I was hoping the experienced folks here would know what works and what doesn't.

SammysMom
03-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Can you describe exactly where and how you need to use this?

cookiebun
03-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Can you describe exactly where and how you need to use this?
They get in our attics by chewing holes in the soffit .
Our downspouts have a scupper box just below the soffit. They sit in the scupper box an chew holes around the downspout where it enters the soffit. We've been remove some of the scupper boxes but our buildings are stucco. Once they've made a hole they don't need the scupper box any more.
I've been watching my co-workers essentially play "whack a mole" with the squirrels on this one building all winter. They cover the entrance hole with hardware cloth so the squirrels inside chew another one to get out.
Thanks.

I found this picture online, I can't find anything exactly like our buildings.

SammysMom
03-12-2015, 06:51 PM
So, if you get them out, what will prevent them chewing back in? I have read about using a funnel shape that they can just fit through on the way out. The shape isn't conducive to them getting back in.

cookiebun
03-12-2015, 08:18 PM
So, if you get them out, what will prevent them chewing back in? I have read about using a funnel shape that they can just fit through on the way out. The shape isn't conducive to them getting back in.

Yes, I showed the guys some pictures of that today.
My thinking is to get them all out of the building BEFORE they have babies. Put the one way doors on all their holes at once instead of: Block one hole. Resident calls and says they still have squirrels. Bitch about resident and/or squirrels. Go back block another hole, etc etc. This has been going on for weeks. They trap and relocate squirrels thinking that helps. It doesn't, other squirrels take their place.

BigNibbler
03-12-2015, 08:22 PM
You want this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIAUNFI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great.
Well made.

You must seal up all entry points except for one 3x3 hole.
Make sure that the screws you put in, do not protrude inside the house to lacerate those on their way out!

SammysMom
03-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Thank-you BN!!! That is a wonderful gadget...

cookiebun
03-12-2015, 09:13 PM
You want this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIAUNFI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great.
Well made.

You must seal up all entry points except for one 3x3 hole.
Make sure that the screws you put in, do not protrude inside the house to lacerate those on their way out!

Thanks. I've ordered 2.
I hope I can get management to invest in more.

Anne
03-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Take a good look at all materials used, take pictures for reference and make more!