PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow fur friend fanatics!

roxy
02-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello all!...New to the board, name is Scott and my lil pal's name is Roxy:bliss
What a great deal of information...glad to be a part of an awesome forum!:grin3251610251611

nchls_school
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Hello Roxy and welcome. My wife and joined the group back in December. New to squirrels I didn't have a clue as to what to do when our red squirrel, Peanut, became ill. The group has helped immensely and Peanut is on the road to recovery. You will find the group quick to help and give advice.

nchls_school
02-16-2015, 05:04 PM
What a beautiful squirrel!

Carol Lynn
02-16-2015, 05:05 PM
Hi Scott! Roxy is adorable!! :Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Annabelle's papa
02-16-2015, 05:06 PM
:wave123 Hi Scott and Roxy, and :Welcome to The Squirrel Board . Roxy is the Largest Squirrel I have ever Seen, :tilt or maybe Her Photos just make Her Appear that way, ha.:klunk Please feel free to Share with us,:great How old is She, and have You reviewed the Healthy Diet Thread. Keep Posting all the Pictures You Want, and ask as many Questions as You Need.:thumbsup

nchls_school
02-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Roxy is the squirrel. Hello Scott. I'm Dan from Wisconsin.

Annabelle's papa
02-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Roxy is the squirrel. Hello Scott. I'm Dan from Wisconsin.

:serene

TubeDriver
02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Hi Roxy and Scott. Welcome to the TSB! :wave123

island rehabber
02-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Welcome to TSB, Roxy & Scott!
You won't mind if I tell you the most important top 5 things about raising a squirrel?

1. diet
2. Diet
3. Diet
4. Diet
5. Diet.

Please check out our Nutrition Forum, and the Healthy Diet for Pet or Captive Squirrels. It is absolutely essential that Roxy's diet is balanced between calcium and phosphorous....MBD kills.

OK, now for the fun stuff! Glad you found us!! :grin3

roxy
02-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Welcome to TSB, Roxy & Scott!
You won't mind if I tell you the most important top 5 things about raising a squirrel?

1. diet
2. Diet
3. Diet
4. Diet
5. Diet.

Please check out our Nutrition Forum, and the Healthy Diet for Pet or Captive Squirrels. It is absolutely essential that Roxy's diet is balanced between calcium and phosphorous....MBD kills.

OK, now for the fun stuff! Glad you found us!! :grin3

Thanks all for the wonderful welcomes:w00t
Roxy is on a diet of Teklad#2018, I change vegs and fruits often to prevent boredom from what she eats...I have been reading the topic on the calcium ratio on a giving fruit or vegetable:great...I viewed many pages and have learned a lot so far. Im glad I found awesome people to help and educate me if when a issue should arise.:thankyou

Annabelle's papa
02-16-2015, 11:53 PM
:thumbsup Great to see You back, You can find and order the best Blocks made for a Squirrel's Diet at: www.henryshealthypets.com

czarina
02-17-2015, 02:24 AM
:Welcome Glad you are here Scott and Roxy! Goodness, Roxy sure is a cutie.

You will find all kinds of fabulous information here, everything you need to know to keep Roxy healthy and happy. As Island Rehabber pointed out: the most important aspect of keeping a squirrel healthy is :DIET.

Please tell us about Roxy, how you got her, how old she is, etc. And lots and lots of pictures!

We love to see pictures!

This is the one place you can come and talk about your squirrel, and nobody gets tired of hearing about her, because we love talking about our squirrels, too.:grin3

So glad you found your way here. :wave123

island rehabber
02-17-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks all for the wonderful welcomes:w00t
Roxy is on a diet of Teklad#2018, I change vegs and fruits often to prevent boredom from what she eats...I have been reading the topic on the calcium ratio on a giving fruit or vegetable:great...I viewed many pages and have learned a lot so far. Im glad I found awesome people to help and educate me if when a issue should arise.:thankyou

:thumbsup The Teklads are very good blocks. You could supplement her diet with one HHB (Henry's Healthy Blocks) per day, just to make sure she gets all those vitamins and minerals.

roxy
02-18-2015, 12:32 AM
:Welcome Glad you are here Scott and Roxy! Goodness, Roxy sure is a cutie.

You will find all kinds of fabulous information here, everything you need to know to keep Roxy healthy and happy. As Island Rehabber pointed out: the most important aspect of keeping a squirrel healthy is :DIET.

Please tell us about Roxy, how you got her, how old she is, etc. And lots and lots of pictures!

We love to see pictures!

This is the one place you can come and talk about your squirrel, and nobody gets tired of hearing about her, because we love talking about our squirrels, too.:grin3

So glad you found your way here. :wave123

Thanks!
Roxy is 7 months and was found abandoned by another family...she was raised by this family and is fully domesticated.....the previous family,as most do, could no longer keep her/rental...i heard about this and immediately took action before she was just released as you know would be a death sentence....she now has a forever family and is well.taking care of, including a vet that she sees....i was informed domesticated squirrels are most likely to be euthanized....that's not happening to Roxy....shes a great girl!:Love_Icon

roxy
02-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Thanks!
Roxy is 7 months and was found abandoned by another family...she was raised by this family and is fully domesticated.....the previous family,as most do, could no longer keep her/rental...i heard about this and immediately took action before she was just released as you know would be a death sentence....she now has a forever family and is well.taking care of, including a vet that she sees....i was informed domesticated squirrels are most likely to be euthanized....that's not happening to Roxy....shes a great girl!:Love_Icon

We always make time to play:bliss

http://youtu.be/VtIQfBxBy2M

Milo's Mom
02-19-2015, 05:22 AM
Welcome to TSB!! Roxy is beautiful (I'm kinda partial to foxers though). Keep the pics and videos coming. :bliss

roxy
02-22-2015, 12:17 AM
http://youtu.be/3q2ALEhg3PE

:blowkissRoxy making sure her tail is shiny and beautiful while playing with her daddy :bliss

Annabelle's papa
02-22-2015, 12:48 AM
:thumbsup Great Video Scott, Roxy is Beautiful. :) I see You are also from Small Town USA, that's where almost Everyone Here is from.:great

Your "Roxy's World" signature is Great.:serene

czarina
02-22-2015, 03:53 AM
What a gorgeous tail Roxy has!

I am jealous. I play "Swiffer squirrel ", with my Churtle. He has a snake stuffy,(not scary looking) and he holds on, while I gently swing him in a circle, about 3 inches above the floor. As he gets closer and closer to the floor,( I am slowly lowering him), I start warning him, " Be careful, cause I'm gonna get you! And make you into my Swiffer squirrel, and mop up the floor with you!"

Then I continue gently swinging him in a circle, as he "mops" the floor.
He loves it. Your Roxy could really be a Swiffer squirrel with that beautiful tail!

roxy
02-27-2015, 12:20 AM
:bliss Does this apple slice make my feet look big? :grin2

Delo729
02-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi Roxy and Scott. :Welcome Wow Roxy is GORGEOUS!! I just wanna kiss her giant feet. I take it you don't clip her nails since you are wearing gloves in the videos?? She certainly looks happy and healthy with you Scott. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup

roxy
02-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Roxy and Scott. :Welcome Wow Roxy is GORGEOUS!! I just wanna kiss her giant feet. I take it you don't clip her nails since you are wearing gloves in the videos?? She certainly looks happy and healthy with you Scott. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup

Thanks!:grin2 and yeah:serene, I wear gloves most of the time and all the time when we wrestle or my hands would look like shredded cheese:grin3 but from time to time I get battle wounds from playing, which you know are just part of it.:dance
But she is great!:Love_Icon, and its really sad, but happy to know she will be free and happy in the trees when she is released "soft" in a few months, after this long and hard winter is over. (live in the north)