PDA

View Full Version : Norwich CT help needed. Getting details now.

Duckman
02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
A 5 month old Eastern Grey, with Malocclusion and other birth defects, had his teeth trimmed 3 weeks ago and one of his teeth came out. It appears that this little guy has developed an abscess and while it is squishy, there is no drainage. The person who has him will not let anyone take him (fear of euthanizing), as it is his baby, but she is desperate to save this little guy (she has had him since a pinkie). I am relaying this right now, but once I get her contact info, I will be able to better access what is going on. I would like to find someone close to her, in case she needs AB though.

Nancy in New York
02-10-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm sure we can find her help, and possibly a vet as well.
Do you know how far she would drive to a vet?

Duckman
02-10-2015, 04:25 PM
She is VERY afraid of a vet, since she believes they will just euthanize, due to them being illegal to have in CT.

Nancy in New York
02-10-2015, 04:37 PM
She is VERY afraid of a vet, since she believes they will just euthanize, due to them being illegal to have in CT.

Oh I totally understand her fear, and rightly so. NOBODY would ever recommend a vet without KNOWING for a fact they would not euthanize.
I know she must be scared to death, I get that.........but he may need one.
These abscesses can be brutal, and this is something she doesn't want to attempt herself.
Did you give her the link to TSB?

SammysMom
02-10-2015, 04:37 PM
I am here! I have clavamox and can probably get a vet to see her baby.

Duckman
02-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Just got this photo. Looking at it, I am not so sure an abscess. What to you all think?

Duckman
02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
I am here! I have clavamox and can probably get a vet to see her baby.

You're IN Norwich?

SammysMom
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
No, CT is a small state. I am in New Haven

Nancy in New York
02-10-2015, 04:43 PM
I think she needs to back that camera up a little. It's too close and blurry.
I think that sweeper's little one had that skin there one time, (I mean they all do) but it looked pronounced in a photo once.

SammysMom
02-10-2015, 05:06 PM
I have left a message for the guy who has Katie the squirrel. I will get him ABs or whatever else I can do. Now pray that he will trust me enough to let me help him.:Love_Icon

Duckman
02-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Gayle is trying to call this one. What an astounding response and so quickly! I love TSB!!!:bliss

Duckman
02-10-2015, 05:09 PM
No, CT is a small state. I am in New Haven

I forget that we have many counties bigger then CT here in the West. :banana

AnnieRN
02-10-2015, 08:42 PM
If anybody needs antibiotics I will be more than happy to send them.

SammysMom
02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Thank-you Annie! There are ABs on the way from another rehabber. I am here and ready to help if needed. I have invited the finder to join TSB to have access to our wonderful information and support system.:thumbsup

Nancy in New York
02-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Thank-you Annie! There are ABs on the way from another rehabber. I am here and ready to help if needed. I have invited the finder to join TSB to have access to our wonderful information and support system.:thumbsup

:thumbsup So glad you have asked them to join.
Hopefully we can get this little one feeling better in no time. :hug

Duckman
02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Any news today? Praying he calls soon!! :grouphug

SammysMom
02-11-2015, 12:55 PM
He texted me that he is going to join TSB. He also asked how to be a rehabber in CT. I will Send him that info this afternoon. Thank-you so much for helping him Duckman!:grouphug

Duckman
02-11-2015, 01:16 PM
He texted me that he is going to join TSB. He also asked how to be a rehabber in CT. I will Send him that info this afternoon. Thank-you so much for helping him Duckman!:grouphug

:woot:thumbsupI didn't do anything but connect you two. You are the one that sat on pins and needles last night. Thank you for helping him Gayle!!! :hug

Duckman
02-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Got a message from Jackie, who got a message from the daughter. She will be calling you Gayle, if she hasn't already. She has talked her dad into accepting your help (FINALLY!!!). Please keep me posted, as I am keeping Jackie posted as well (plus we would like to know what this is, to further our education!). :bliss

SammysMom
02-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Oh thank goodness!!!

Nancy in New York
02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Great update!
Glad to hear this, it could save this little ones life.

czarina
02-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Geeesh, a gal tries to slip away for a quiet couple if days in New Orleans, for Mardi Gras, and look what I miss! :bliss

TSB ROCKS!!!!

Great work!

SammysMom
02-12-2015, 11:02 PM
No word tonight... Hopefully soon, before I am really getting ready for vacation.:Love_Icon

Nancy in New York
02-13-2015, 07:46 AM
No word tonight... Hopefully soon, before I am really getting ready for vacation.:Love_Icon

With the weekend here and a long one at that, I was so hoping to see that contact
was made. No mail will be gotten until Tuesday, if anything needs to be sent, and vets
are closed.
As scary as this is for this person, I would hope the fear of his buddy being in pain or passing
is scarier. I was wishing he would have reached out to SammysMom's.

All you're quilty of is falling in love with a little squirrel, probably the same way we all stumbled into
this.

We didn't get to be the board we are by lying to members. We protect our loved ones.

If I thought he was at least reading the board, I would post links to squirrels with abscesses to show how
quickly they can grow.

The worst thing that can be done is to do nothing, these are difficult to control even when
caught early, and time is NOT on his side.

kcassidy
02-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Any word?

I have a vet that will look at him, as long as the finder would let me go with him to see her. I promise no one will take the Squee from him. Incase he doesn't believe me, he can call and ask if they treat wildlife Flannery Animal Hospital, Cornwall, NY. He should ask for Dr. Keller, she and I work together a lot and she is always giving me squirrels and Opies. Norwich is not that far of a drive, maybe an hour or a smidge less.

Hope he trusts enough to get this kid some help.

SammysMom
02-16-2015, 08:04 PM
I also have a vet here in CT, Kim but thank-you! I pray that this little one is doing okay, but I haven't heard any more...:shakehead

kcassidy
02-17-2015, 08:51 AM
I also have a vet here in CT, Kim but thank-you! I pray that this little one is doing okay, but I haven't heard any more...:shakehead

Oh right, duh!!!

SammysMom
02-23-2015, 05:58 PM
I just got a text with this picture. It had a note that said it got better but is bigger again. I cannot help with this. I am leaving for Rome in the morning and I am not even packed. I have asked if they joined TSB and not heard back yet.

SammysMom
02-23-2015, 05:59 PM
She just joined. Her name is Katie246

Nancy in New York
02-23-2015, 07:49 PM
We are here to help her Gayle. I hope she posts soon. You know
we will do all we can to get this little one help.

Katie246
02-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi! I'm very new here. My 6 month old squirrel has 2 bumps in his mouth infront of his top teeth. We tried draining them and tried a coarse of clavamox but it didn't work. Can anyone help. In Connecticut

HRT4SQRLS
02-24-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by bumps. Could you post a pic? Also, a little history might help. :tilt

:Welcome to The Squirrel Board

Katie246
02-24-2015, 05:39 PM
How do you attach photos? And I got him when he was less than a week old. When his eyes opened up he was blind in one eye and he also has severe malocclusion

Katie246
02-24-2015, 05:39 PM
How do you attach photos? And I got him when he was less than a week old. When his eyes opened up he was blind in one eye and he also has severe malocclusion

Ah that's how lol

HRT4SQRLS
02-24-2015, 05:48 PM
:grin2 yeah, you got it.

Are you sure it's not normal. They do have a bump right at the cleft under their nose. It's right above the two front teeth. Let me try to find a picture.

CritterMom
02-24-2015, 05:48 PM
This will help. Duckman originally started a thread that has info, including a member who can offer vet help.

Sammysmom, who was in contact originally, is of course on vacation now...

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?49265-Norwich-CT-help-needed-Getting-details-now

Katie246
03-05-2015, 06:43 AM
Is there any other rehabbers in CT? His bump isn't getting any smaller. I'm not concerned about the one on the front as I am with the one on the side where his tooth used to be