PDA

View Full Version : Ahem!

Kat
01-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Hiya! Im Kat, Kait, Kaity..whatever you'd like.

Im a creative soul...a country girl who moved to the city and decided to manipulate this landscape.
After two years of developing gardens, creating desirable habitats, and building a koi pond...my small backyard has become the place to be for all of my animal friends.

:serene
Nothing brings me more joy.

I enjoy watching Beulah (a special neighborhood female) and her babies play in the garden. Over the summers I have seen many families come and go and I am thoroughly fascinated by them. As much as I love my furry friends...they are so very naughty. Every spring there is an epic battle over my beautiful tulip beds. My vegetable beds are dug up as they love the soft soil for their caches. :hissyfit I am the crazy person shaking my fists at them as they chatter at me from the telephone pole.

I have experience as a veterinary technician and I am interested in becoming a wildlife rehabilitator in the future.

I've adopted two mutts and I spend a lot of time with my little family. I am a bit quirky, but I mean well :grin3

I look forward to learning, reading, and poring over pictures of your squirrel darlings!

See ya!
-Kat

FlyerMomma
01-25-2015, 01:59 AM
HI Kat!! Welcome welcome!!!

OMG I love your backyard heaven you have going on there!!:bliss I can't even lie, I am so freaking jealous! Lol:grin3 all I can get to grow in my back yard is mud and a pritty amazing patch of weeds lol ... But I aspire to have a garden one day that I don't kill with my black thumb. :grin3

I can also feel you with the squirrelly frustrations :grin2.. 2 years ago I had a little buddy that lived in my oak tree, I would sprinkle seeds for him sometimes and watch from the window. Well it wasn't my fault that one a supper rainy day my oak tree desided to run way to my neighbors yard!!! My little buddy blamed me for His unexpected change of venue and would throw acorn caps at me lol.. He also chattered at me from the huge log screaming and pacing, stopping at the crushed fence bits to look back in discust at me lol.. I could just hear his little rants "now look what you did!! If i wanted to live in this yard i would have moved my dang self! Just look at my stuff??? Its all trash now!!" lol It was really funny, I took 4 of my friends out back for wine on the deck and that precise little booger got me over and over without missing and hitting anyone else..lol the wine helped the 5 of us giggle for hours at his accuracy :grin3 .. Finally after 2 weeks of his anger he pulled himself togethere and set up a new nest in the pine tree 1 foot away from the stump of his old digs..lol

Love love love your yard!!! Feel free to post as many pics as you can :w00t
Welcome again!!
Katy

Annabelle's papa
01-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Hiya! Im Kat, Kait, Kaity..whatever you'd like.

Im a creative soul...a country girl who moved to the city and decided to manipulate this landscape.
After two years of developing gardens, creating desirable habitats, and building a koi pond...my small backyard has become the place to be for all of my animal friends.

Nothing brings me more joy.

I enjoy watching Beulah (a special neighborhood female) and her babies play in the garden. Over the summers I have seen many families come and go and I am thoroughly fascinated by them. As much as I love my furry friends...they are so very naughty. Every spring there is an epic battle over my beautiful tulip beds. My vegetable beds are dug up as they love the soft soil for their caches. :hissyfit I am the crazy person shaking my fists at them as they chatter at me from the telephone pole.

I have experience as a veterinary technician and I am interested in becoming a wildlife rehabilitator in the future.

I've adopted two mutts and I spend a lot of time with my little family. I am a bit quirky, but I mean well :grin3

I look forward to learning, reading, and poring over pictures of your squirrel darlings!

See ya!
-Kat

Good Morning Kat,:wave123 and :Welcome to THE SQUIRREL BOARD Your Garden is Very Attractive and Attracting, It Must Have Helped in Capturing Those Wonderful Photos You Have in Your Album. When You get a chance, Please read FlyerMomma's thread entitled Re: My Sweet Baby Girl...Cindy Loo Who:) It is a Beautiful Story recounting Her Introduction into the World of Becoming Owned by a "Magnificent Southern Flying Squirrel". (I'm biased, our Lil' Annabelle is an Infinitely Cute SFS) A Lot of Really Great People come from Your State, Paul Revere, Ben Franklin, Emily Dickinson, and farrelli, Whom is also Great Member of TSB. :great Keep posting those Sharp Graphics. :thumbsup

TubeDriver
01-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi and welcome to the TSB.:w00t

What a great garden, you have made an irresistible dinner table for all your neighborhood fuzzbutts! :grin2

Kat
01-25-2015, 11:21 AM
HI Kat!! Welcome welcome!!!

OMG I love your backyard heaven you have going on there!!:bliss I can't even lie, I am so freaking jealous! Lol:grin3 all I can get to grow in my back yard is mud and a pritty amazing patch of weeds lol ... But I aspire to have a garden one day that I don't kill with my black thumb. :grin3

I can also feel you with the squirrelly frustrations :grin2.. 2 years ago I had a little buddy that lived in my oak tree, I would sprinkle seeds for him sometimes and watch from the window. Well it wasn't my fault that one a supper rainy day my oak tree desided to run way to my neighbors yard!!! My little buddy blamed me for His unexpected change of venue and would throw acorn caps at me lol.. He also chattered at me from the huge log screaming and pacing, stopping at the crushed fence bits to look back in discust at me lol.. I could just hear his little rants "now look what you did!! If i wanted to live in this yard i would have moved my dang self! Just look at my stuff??? Its all trash now!!" lol It was really funny, I took 4 of my friends out back for wine on the deck and that precise little booger got me over and over without missing and hitting anyone else..lol the wine helped the 5 of us giggle for hours at his accuracy :grin3 .. Finally after 2 weeks of his anger he pulled himself togethere and set up a new nest in the pine tree 1 foot away from the stump of his old digs..lol

Love love love your yard!!! Feel free to post as many pics as you can :w00t
Welcome again!!
Katy

Hi Katy!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! What a funny story! All I can picture is an ornery squirrel with a slingshot firing acorn caps at you! Ping! Ping! Sounds like he had it in for you! :tongue3 You know! All I seem to do for my garden is put down a TON of cow manure mixed with Azomite, slip in some seeds, and watch everything grow. The squirrels love to dig up my sunflower shoots, so this year I will try to figure out a way to protect them. I wish they'd understand, "HEY THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS! LET THEM GROW, THE HEADS WILL BE YOURS!"

-Kat

Kat
01-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Hi and welcome to the TSB.:w00t

What a great garden, you have made an irresistible dinner table for all your neighborhood fuzzbutts! :grin2

Hey TubeDriver!
Thanks for the welcome :gigg
I visited your thread "Squirtle's Yard" and I have enjoyed all of the pictures you have posted! What camera are you using??
I'd love to document the happenings in my garden this season. My koi pond is the talk of the neighborhood among the birds!

See you around!
-Kat

Kat
01-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Good Morning Kat,:wave123 and :Welcome to THE SQUIRREL BOARD Your Garden is Very Attractive and Attracting, It Must Have Helped in Capturing Those Wonderful Photos You Have in Your Album. When You get a chance, Please read FlyerMomma's thread entitled Re: My Sweet Baby Girl...Cindy Loo Who:) It is a Beautiful Story recounting Her Introduction into the World of Becoming Owned by a "Magnificent Southern Flying Squirrel". (I'm biased, our Lil' Annabelle is an Infinitely Cute SFS) A Lot of Really Great People come from Your State, Paul Revere, Ben Franklin, Emily Dickinson, and farrelli, Whom is also Great Member of TSB. :great Keep posting those Sharp Graphics. :thumbsup

Hi Annebelle!
Thanks for welcoming me from day one :hug
I really do look forward spending time here and reading everyone's story! I've been seeing a lot of great stories of rehab and release :grin2 Very awesome work, indeed!

I will DEFINITELY be looking for advice this season about wild squirrels :tongue3

-Kat

stosh2010
01-25-2015, 12:53 PM
W-E-L-C-O-M-E to T.S.B.
Lots to SEE
Lots to LEARN
Lots to SHARE...............

We have members ALL AROUND the WORLD.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Glad to Have You Join Us

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

I'm in Costa Rica and My squirrels are a Tad Different from your "GRINGO" squirrels...
Links are found BELOW--to my CREW

The Cruiser DUDE is my favorite.
OSCURO is a released and RETURNED little guy.

Kat
01-25-2015, 08:05 PM
W-E-L-C-O-M-E to T.S.B.
Lots to SEE
Lots to LEARN
Lots to SHARE...............

We have members ALL AROUND the WORLD.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Glad to Have You Join Us

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

I'm in Costa Rica and My squirrels are a Tad Different from your "GRINGO" squirrels...
Links are found BELOW--to my CREW

The Cruiser DUDE is my favorite.
OSCURO is a released and RETURNED little guy.

Hey Stosh!

The squirrels in Costa Rica are beautiful! You're doing amazing work over there. :Love_Icon

island rehabber
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM
I haven't been here much this weekend, Kat, but I wanted to say WELCOME! Your garden is just magical and I'm looking forward to seeing pix of the furry ones who help you enjoy it!

Bravo
01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Welcome Kat :w00t You have a beautiful garden... I don't see photos like that very much living in the downtown core. :panic Here be Fuzzer Central :dance In my opinion it doesn't get better than this :clap

:sqrrl7

Kat
01-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Thank you for the welcome!

TubeDriver
01-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I think the pictures get better as the thread goes on. The first pics are from a phone and then I got a Canon DSLR and the pictures improved. Then I sort of figured out how to use the DSLR and the pictures got even better! :grin2

Hey TubeDriver!
Thanks for the welcome :gigg
I visited your thread "Squirtle's Yard" and I have enjoyed all of the pictures you have posted! What camera are you using??
I'd love to document the happenings in my garden this season. My koi pond is the talk of the neighborhood among the birds!

See you around!
-Kat