PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new Squirrel Momma :-)

LaurelLynn
12-26-2014, 02:07 PM
I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself and my foster squirrels :bliss

I have two unrelated juvenile Grey Squirrels, a 5mo female and an almost 5mo male. I've been raising them since they were 2 and 3 wks old, just teeny things! It's quite difficult to explain to anyone who isn't familiar with squirrels just HOW MUCH they take over your life lol!

And such different temperaments! My girl is friendly to everyone and doesn't have a favorite family member (we all serve her needs for scratches and treats) but my boy is a mommas boy only. He will bite and pee on anyone else but is the most snuggly and attached of them

So is it only me who thinks squirrels fur smells unusually good? !? Maybe I'm crazy but I swear they smell like a mild perfume. .. yes I'm a squirrel sniffer :wiggle:wiggle 249002249003

island rehabber
12-26-2014, 02:33 PM
:jump we all love to sniff!!! there must be 10 different threads here that talk about sniffing baby squirrels...it's addictive LOL!

LaurelLynn
12-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Thank goodness! I was starting to think I was crazy!

You should have seen my hubby when I told him he needed to smell them hahaha! :crazy

Annabelle's papa
12-27-2014, 08:26 AM
S N A, Squirrel Sniffers Anony(mouse)------------------------------------------My Name Is Annabelles papa, And I Sniff Squirrels......................................... ..

LaurelLynn
01-01-2015, 10:55 PM
This is the most cuddly squirrel I've ever met! He curles up in my lap for pets and falls asleep. .. he will actually purr and drool when I rub his tummy :Love_Icon249300249301

farrelli
01-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Aww, he's so cute! So nice that he's a cuddle buddy.

LaurelLynn
01-02-2015, 01:00 AM

I'm totally enjoying his snuggles lol! It's too adorable... he apparently can't get enough loves :serene