PDA

View Full Version : Released squirrel bleeding

knightsoul
12-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Sorry for freaking out but our released squirrel named Boo Boos who was released earlier this year lives in the tree in my backyard he visits 3 times a day at comes up to the door knocking for nuts saw him about 2 hrs ago gave him his Christmas almonds, well he just came back now and he has blood on his face hands. Someone must have gotten him. He is friendly enough that I can touch him everyday and was able to wipe some of the blood off to see if I could see his wounds better, cannot really see it well tried moving his hair a bit and he was more interested in eating. I noticed that he has kind of been going to two nests (both in my backyard sometimes there are 1 or 2 other squirrels who also use his nest so I am not sure if there fighting over it or sharing. I've attached 2 pics, should I try to put anything on it????248955248956

HRT4SQRLS
12-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Awww, poor baby. It probably looks worse than it really is. I don't think I would do anything. I would just watch him to make sure it doesn't get infected. My outside girl lost piece of her ear in a fight. She has a permanent notch in her ear. :tilt

I think the fight was probably over the nuts. That's pretty common. You don't think it was a hawk do you?

stepnstone
12-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Wouldn't hurt to use a little neosporin after cleaning it up a little or
other anti bacterial ointment if you have it.

knightsoul
12-25-2014, 08:42 AM
I'll try neosporin. I actually don't leave the nuts out I only give to him when I see him

knightsoul
12-26-2014, 09:44 AM
He seems fine today

SammysMom
12-26-2014, 09:47 AM
They are really amazing healers. Just remember that they also mask pain and illness and keep an eye on him to be sure there isn't any residual swelling. You don't want him to end up with an abscess.

knightsoul
12-26-2014, 10:00 AM
I checked on him today and no swelling. His wound seemed to close up. It is pretty small located by his ear