PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia, PA Injured squirrel @ whole foods

mmc
10-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi all, need some help. My friend was at whole foods in Philadelphia, south street location and found an injured squirrel. He thinks it can be saved. He does not have an account on here and asked me to post this on his behalf. Are there any rehabbers in the philly area who can help? Here is his note, the entire customer service team at whole foods is aware of the situation (215 733 9788)

Hello,
I am leaving this message to see if there are any members of this forum in the 9th and south area that may be able to save a squirrel who seems to have had its back leg rolled over by a car.
I was just at wholefoods, when I got back to my car there was a squirrel laying on the ground. His back leg was obviously damaged.
Some of the wholefoods team put the squirrel in a box and placed it by the air conditioning units on the roof of the building (3rd floor parking lot - inside the unlocked chain link fence).
Animal control have been called, however apparently there is only one team patrolling the city today so it will be some time before they get there. I am just wondering if a member of this website may be able to get there before the animal control board and, possibly give this squirrel a chance of survival.

rusty's mom
10-19-2014, 03:54 PM
The Schuykill Wildlife rehab center is on Port Royal st in Phili they are very good there number is 215-482-8217. other rehabers are out past Valley Forge.

island rehabber
10-19-2014, 04:37 PM
The Schuykill Wildlife rehab center is on Port Royal st in Phili they are very good there number is 215-482-8217. other rehabers are out past Valley Forge.

Ditto that -- we really have nobody in Philly itself; everyone is in the outer suburbs. Schuykill is very reliable!

mmc
10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I just called, they were only open until 4pm. Poor little guy, breaks my heart. Thanks for responding, next time I'll know.

California Squirrel Lover
10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
wait, couldn't he be taken inside by someone, and brought to help first thing in the morning? at least he'd be warm and indoors overnight?? is he still in a box on the roof of Whole Foods??

rusty's mom
10-19-2014, 05:42 PM
OH My God I can't imagine the pain he's in it would have been more human if some one would have put him down.

10-19-2014, 06:40 PM
:bump :dono does anybody know if this injured one is alone in a box on the roof of whole foods??

10-19-2014, 07:51 PM
:(

mmc
10-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Sorry for delay!!! I was not in town while all this was happening and was trying to help with limited access to phone/internet. I have some news, one of the whole foods team members was able to take the squirrel to a wild life rescue after work. I don't know which one (maybe schuylkill). I don't know anything more than that right now, but I was able to get the team member's name, so I will call tomorrow to find out what happened. Am so glad he/she is somewhere safe and warm. Thanks everyone for your help! Will let you know when I find out more info!!!

10-19-2014, 08:34 PM
thank you so much for checking back in, this hurt one has been on my mind with worry all day!! thank you for helping, and please let us know what you find out. thank you again!! :grouphug:grouphug:thumbsup

SammysMom
10-19-2014, 08:45 PM
Oh thank goodness! I was worried about this guy since I read the thread... Thank-you for trying to find help and to the person who did help!:grouphug

island rehabber
10-19-2014, 08:45 PM
What a relief! I was so worried about this little one....it is brutal out there tonight. 43* here with very high winds....I would imagine Philly is colder.

mmc
10-19-2014, 08:54 PM
It is cold here, and I too was so worried about this little one. Am glad my friend found him and called me. I knew there would be lots of great people on the squirrel board who would be able to help :)