PDA

View Full Version : Me and my baby...

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Greetings to all!!!

I just recently registered for this forum after I found my little Saro cold,wet and hungry and took her in. She is now about 4 1/2 weeks old now and is growing fast. I have been reading many of the posts on this forum and have found them to be EXTREMELY helpful :) I hope to get to know most of you (and your squirrels) and learn more from everyone on this forum.

-Daniel and Saro
Sorry for such a large pic. I could not make it any smaller...

Nancy in New York
10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Welcome to TSB!
Your little one is adorable. I'm anxious to hear
her whole story! And of course we LOVE pictures,
and then MORE pictures! :w00t:grouphug

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you!
I will try to find some time soon to make a post regarding my baby gray squirrel and her story. I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice you may be willing to offer.

farrelli
10-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Mind telling us what she eats?

monkey girl
10-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Beautiful little girl. :Love_Icon:Love_Icon

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 11:09 AM
I feed her on Fox Valley squirrel formula. Any tips on any other stuff that I should be doing?

farrelli
10-13-2014, 11:26 AM
How often/ How much? How much does she weigh? Are you stimulating? Are you using a nipple? What kind? What kind of bedding and caging? Tell us everything and we'll see if there's corrections.

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I feed here every 2 to 3 hours and I am using a 1cc syringe with a pet ag nipple. she weighs about 70 grams and I stimulate her to pee after every meal, she seems to poop on her own, but will occasionally do so after stimulation. I have her in a small plastic container with a metal net cover and I am using a heating pad (one without the automatic shutoff) and have just been using paper towels, which I have been changing out daily.

farrelli
10-13-2014, 11:39 AM
3-4 hrs would be better. Eyes open? Describe poop. Fleece, flannel, or t-shirt bedding would be much more comfortable. The miracle nipple is awesome.

http://www.henryspets.com/miracle-nipple/

Sorry so abbreviated. I have an infected cat bite making typing hard. TSB is also usually a lot more responsive. Maybe the holiday.

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 11:45 AM
thx for the info, Her poop is small and orange. I will see what I can do about the nipple and bedding

grampyngramy
10-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Soo darn adorable. Welcome aboard. Please follow thr recommended guidelines what seems ok maynot be. Thanks for taking her in.:Love_Icon

farrelli
10-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Orange or golden? Eyes open?

danieljbuehler
10-13-2014, 12:14 PM
No, her eyes are not open. Yes, her poop probably resembles gold more than orange.

farm mom
10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the SB. Your baby is adorable. Looks like your doing a great job. You can start offering her some Rat block in her cage .I've had them chew on it even with their eyes closed. When they do open you can start offering chopped veggies, sweet potato, squash, zucchini,broccoli, beans and snap peas. They love avocado also. I usually offer a few pieces on top of the rest. Feed formula as long as you can. Keep up the good work and post more pics when you can.:grin2

farrelli
10-13-2014, 02:31 PM
No pit or peel on the avocado.

Have you seen the healthy diet for adults thread?

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels