PDA

View Full Version : Weechee got out!

ka-king
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't know how, maybe when I was filling the water. He has gotten so fast and must have slipped past me. I figured he was burrowed in his towel but when I went back for second feeding he was nowhere to be found.

I've looked everywhere. Please any advise on how to get him to come out of hiding. He must be so scared.

And please no comments on what a bad mom I am, I don't think I can take it.

Help.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
He is in the house right?
Keep all other pets secured away!!

Buddy'sMom
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
No, we wouldn't think you're a bad mom because he escaped his cage. You are not the first and certainly won't be the last! They are very fast ... and very sneaky (and I mean "sneaky" in the nicest possible way :D ).

As rippie said, first make sure no other family pets are loose who might find him before you do. And keep the outside doors/windows secured. And watch where you step -- and sit (he might hide behind a sofa cushion or a bed pillow :) )

If he has a favorite food, put some out -- he might come investigate. Once you see him, you'll feel better. Catching him could be a little trickier if he's not ready to be caught. I once spent a couple of hours pleading with Buddy to come out from under the sofa so I could go to work :shakehead . Many others have very similar stories.

So ... take a deep breath, try to secure the area, then wait. Talk to him. He will eventually get hungry/lonely/curious and come out to see where you are.

Let us know when you have a sighting!

pamela lee
05-01-2007, 12:44 PM
And take a breath it will be alright. Make sure all the toilet lids are closed.

Momma Squirrel
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Don't panic, if you follow what everyone has suggested things will work out and be OK. Our Chipper (flyer) was missing for a couple of hours while Squerly and I tore the bedroom apart, even removing the mattress, box springs, everything you could think of. The lil stinker got into our closet somehow and was sitting back watching us go wild trying to locate him.

We have all been there so don't be so hard on yourself, just take it slow and careful and things will be OK.

Keep us posted.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
The lil stinker got into our closet somehow and was sitting back watching us go wild trying to locate him.
:rotfl they sure can cause an uproar!

island rehabber
05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
yup, don't panic. Check all the more dangerous places and so long as he's not there, jsut stay quiet and wait for him to come out. It's happened to all of us. My friends still tease me about my yelling down from my 3rd floor window: "I can't go because Niki's still under the TV!!" :D

Secret Squirrel
05-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Unplug everything in the house you don't want him to chew on a electrical cord.
Close the doors to the bathrooms and other rooms after you do a through inspection of each room. Yes, toilet seat down, they can drown in the toilet bowl.
He will come out as he gets familiar with the space. Be quiet and keep the noise level down. Good luck!!!

ka-king
05-01-2007, 01:03 PM
It has been several hours. The other animals are secluded...

He is so small I keep thinking of all the little holes and vents he could have gotten into. The little hole that goes behind the bathtub and he could be lost in the walls!

He is not eating alot of solid food yet, but I left his favorite bananas out. I just don't know where he could be I have looked everywhere. He is just so small.

My mom came down from out of town since I was so upset and is helping me look. We are at a loss.

Critter_Queen
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Try using a flashlight when you search. Even if the room is well-lit, sometimes it's easier to spot them with a flashlight because it will reflect in their eyes, and even spook them enough to move on occasion. I agree with the others...

Look under everything and watch your step. Check out the closet, clothes hamper, behind the fridge/dresser/desk, etc...Be calm. He'll come out when he's hungry. You'll hear him sooner or later. He won't just stay put and starve without making a fuss.

:grouphug Try not to panic...I truly believe they feed off our energy. If you give off a frightened "vibe" so-to-speak, it will heighten his fear as well. We're here to help. Just go through everything again with a flashlight and when you're done, sit tight and listen carefully for sounds...

Buddy'sMom
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
ka-king, I just looked back at your original thread and was reminded that you are caring for a chipmunk baby. That doesn't change any of the suggestions already made, but may mean you need even more patience and quiet. Our wild chipmunks are MUCH more easily spooked than the greys, so its likely he is just hiding til he works up the courage to come out. Might be sooner if it is still and quiet.

In the meantime, you might consider how to corral him when you do find him. Chasing does NOT work, lol! Throwing a towel over him and (GENTLY) scooping him up might work. If you locate him, putting his open cage nearby with some banana in it might lead him to return. :grouphug

TexanSquirrel
05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I hope you find him! We're all praying for you! Stay calm and look EVERYWHERE, even places you already looked or think he can't fit into. Best of luck to you!!!

susanw
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Hope you find him soon! I would block any holes you see and put his cage somewhere in the middle of the room, he is probably scared and hiding right now. I can't tell you how many times squirrels have gotten loose on me! Good luck!:D

ka-king
05-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Status is still can't find him and he has missed about 3 feedings. :^(
We took the air vents apart to be sure she hadn't fallen into one that had a sizeable gap in it. Nothing.

I sent my mom home with my dog and am trying to sit still and wait. It is so hard.

Do you think he can surive not having food this long? I've set food out in every room and left his cage open. I'll be able to tell if any food is missing.

I am so heartbroken over this I just don't know where he could have gone. I live in an older house and there are spaces everywhere and little holes that go to who knows where.

ka-king
05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I already checked the shoes, I'll check the pockets now.

I don't think any of the holes go outside, just into the spaces between the floors and walls.

:^(

island rehabber
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
...and under any kind of cabinet, wall unit, entertainment center or hutch where the bottom is only raised up a couple of inches from the floor. They love to squeeze under those things...it's dark and quiet and nobody can get to them. (Take it from me, who had Niki under the TV cabinet for three hours. )

webld4u2
05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
When my kids escape, I usually find them between my mattress and headboard, tucked under my sheet. Maybe????? In my encounters, I also find them to rarely leave the room as long as they were not chased.....perhaps in a boxspring??? Maybe tucked behind the cage???? Wish I could help you!:shakehead

pinball wizards nana
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi WeeChee's mom , Listen I'm on my second squirrel in 2 years and get out they will! What I did find out is my dog who is a "ratter " schnauzer is the one who found "snuggles "every time she got out .They can smell and hear alot better than we can and the squirrell was usually in a place the dog couldnt get to them. Look for sign or chewing and you"ll be in business how old is your squirrell? My newest on is 5 1/2 weeks old " pinball wizard" and man do they have power , escape artists!! :grouphug Let us know how you do .I have also put out their favorite food and usually thats how I lured them out ,once I knew were they were. Good luck

ka-king
05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Okay, its been 12 hours. No sign. I've looked everywhere and been quiet and waited.

How long can he make it without food or water when he is only 4 weeks?

I've cried so much my eyelids are swollen. I feel so bad for him.

ka-king
05-01-2007, 08:12 PM
pinball wizards nana,

he is a chipmunk and about 4 weeks old. I sent my dog home with my mom, but I did let my best "tracker" cat out for a little while and kept a close watch on him to see if he detected anything. Too glad to be out of the bathroom to be much help, plus made me too nervous.

Buddy'sMom
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I wish there was something to say to make you feel better. I hope he comes out soon so you can stop worrying about him. :grouphug :Love_Icon :grouphug

Pam
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Have you checked on top of the curtain rods? That's where Roxy always runs to hide. And look up under your couch...up inside the frame.

ka-king
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't have curtains, only blinds and shutters, and I checked inside the couch and inside the boxsprings.

How long do you think he can make it without eating, someone just tell me.

Assinine Tails
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
My gerbil used to escape for days. Chewed on my clothes in the laundry basket. Don't know what else he ate or drank. He could be lured back with a potato chip.
Hope you find your little guy.

TexanSquirrel
05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
We're still praying for you. I don't know how long he can go without food, but I think it's a couple days. Isn't that how long babies will wait for momma to return before they start to venture out?

ka-king
05-01-2007, 09:52 PM
That makes me feel SOOO much better. I thought he could probably only go about 12-18 hours or so...

He was very healthy and was a very good and eager eater. He was even starting to fuss at me when I wiped his face. He was still taking formula every 3 hours but he was starting to munch on some other things.

I have stopped tearing everything apart and am just letting it be quiet. I know he had to be scared today because I was convinced that he was in the vents and had my brother-in-law come and take them apart. It was not a quiet task. I wouldn't turn the air on until I knew he wasn't in there.

It is just hard for me to image where on earth he could be because we looked EVERYWHERE! I am not kidding.

ka-king
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Here is another video of him from yesterday.

http://www.ka-kingmilestones.com/weechee/day13.AVI

and a pic from a few days ago:
http://www.ka-kingmilestones.com/weechee/sidesm.jpg

You can tell he is a healthy baby!

LynninIN
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't have anything to offer that's not already been said but wanted to tell you that you and Weechee are in my thought and prayers. :grouphug

Thanks for keeping us updated, I've been checking this thread all day worrying with you and hoping you found him.

Buddy'sMom
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
He's very cute!! :) TexanSquirrel had a good point -- it is usually several days before baby squirrels leave their nest looking for mom. They will cry out for her, so that's another advantage of quiet -- listen for him as well as looking out for him.

I hope you get some sleep and he appears for breakfast tomorrow! :grouphug

halo
05-01-2007, 10:27 PM
OH.. I WANT.. I WANT!!! :Love_Icon Ive never rehabbed a chipmunk

How cute!

Once I got a baby and couldnt figure out what it was. Decided it was a flying squirrel. I was sooo excited. Then after a week it turned out to be a baby wood rat. LOL!

Halo

TexanSquirrel
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Come home, Weechee! Come home! You're momma misses you very much and we're all very worried about you!

muffinsquirrel
05-01-2007, 10:56 PM
If he is old enough to eat solids, he could be finding crumbs to eat. Although it may be sort of messy, you might want to try this: put some food and a shallow dish of water out in each room (as many locations as you want to mess up). Sprinkle flour around each feeding station - use a sifter or strainer so it will cover well but lightly. If he comes out to eat, you will see his tracks in the flour, and at least be able to narrow down the search area. And borrow or buy a small mouse size hav-a-hart trap and put his food in it. I hope you find him. I have lost flyers before - they're notorious escape artists. One used to get into a deep china vase to hide from me. Another one I finally found living in an old, cheap guitar that I had on a shelf.

Good luck, and try not to feel too badly about him escaping - they can be so quick, plus they can get out of the smallest places. I got rid of one cage because it had a place where one bar was too far away from the next, and my flyer could squeeze between them in that one spot!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

muffinsquirrel

ka-king
05-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a dish of fruit and shelled walnuts in each room, with 2 peices of each kind so I can tell if he took something.

Sissy
05-02-2007, 12:01 AM
I was up late and just wanted to let you know that someone is up with you worrying with you. It is nerve racking when they escape! I had the same problem with Sissy one time, she hid from me for hours, and I tore the house apart looking for her. I even went in the attic, and was headed outside when the same thought hit me as you. I let the cat in briefly to see if he would point her out. Well after all the thanks for finally letting me in, he went straight to were she was hiding under the laundry. He didn't touch her but was just setting there staring at where she was hid. I am not in any way suggesting this to anyone to try, but I knew my cat was afraid of her and I watched every move he made. She was fine just scared to death and laid in her cage for the longest time after it was all over. You'll find your baby it just might take awhile. It's probably watching you and wondering what you are doing. Just stay calm and he will come out. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Sure hope he comes out soon so you can have peace of mind and get some rest!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Like Muffinsquirrel I was going to suggest sprinkling flour in everyroom.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Momma Squirrel
05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
We need an update :dono

ka-king
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Still nothing guys.

Buddy'sMom
05-02-2007, 07:55 AM
:( Hang in there. Thanks for the update. We are all here in cyberspace for support. :grouphug

Pam
05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
I had a hamster once that was an escape artist...I usually found her in the dirty clothes' closet. She would always chew holes in several pieces of clothes before I found her. Once I found her in my dresser drawer...she had chewed a new skirt of mine beyond repair.

Critter_Queen
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
At this point, I think you should start to plan for when he comes out of hiding. He's going to be dehydrated and very hungry. You'll need to get some pedialyte to rehydrate him. Don't give him anything to eat until you do that. It's been long enough now that if he hasn't found water on his own he's dehydrating. Don't let that scare you...just prepare for it, ok? When he does come out, he's going to need you to be thinking clearly and have the stuff you need on-hand.

Squirrels (tree squirrels) *can* go days without food/water, but they come in very emaciated when that happens... You are not in danger of him starving or dehydrating to death yet...so try to stay focused on finding him.

I wish he'd come out of hiding and show you he's ok!! I'm sure you're worried sick! :grouphug

Mrs. Jack
05-02-2007, 10:39 AM
i am having a hard time even imagining what you're going through. My thoughts are with you.

Secret Squirrel
05-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Come home Weechee...your momma is calling !!! Chippy come home!!!

ka-king
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Good idea, Critter Queen. I will go out now and get the Pedialite. It might be good for me to get out for a minute. I am really a mess.

He will come out, right? He won't just stay where he is?

I just feel like I should still be digging and looking.

Critter_Queen
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Though I can't guarantee he'll come out, it would be very unusual for an animal to sit in one spot at starve to death... they come out in the open trying to find food/water most of the time. And since he's little, I'm wondering how long it will take before he starts crying so you can hear him? Any chippy people know if they make the same sounds as a tree squirrel?

ka-king
05-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Nothing.

susanw
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Hang in there ka-king! And muffinsquirrel, what a great idea about the flour do you work for csi?:D

quirlgirl
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
As big as Scooter is I have lost him for many hours in this trailer that is a 12x55, he can hide so well that I can't see him. After hours of him being quiet he would start chewing then I could tell where is was. I know your baby will come out soon, hang in there and I'm thinking of you:grouphug

ka-king
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
The longer it goes the less hope I have. I have even started looking outside, thinking he can't possibly be in the house.

We had a thunder storm today.

Buddy'sMom
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Keep up the hope. He's in a strange place (he doesn't know it's your house, he just knows he's lost) and will hide as best he can untill he gets hungry enough. Keep quietly listening and watching. :grouphug :grouphug

webld4u2
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh my, I feel terrible for you both....don't worry Mom, you will find him....I will continue to pray with and for you!:grouphug

Secret Squirrel
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Please don't loose hope. Miracles happen all the time. It has been 33 hours and squirrels ( I know Weechee is a chippy) will go 3 days before leaving a nest when momma dosent return.
You have heard many stories already....I had a hampster get out and a week later I saw a shadow beside my be in the middle of the night...my Hammy was standing beside my bed and reaching up in the air....like he was stretching for the sky. I reached down and put him back in his cage.
My pinto mouse got out too.....I was 12.....several days went by....one night I felt something in my bed.....it was Pinto...nibbling on my big toe!!!!
I was a kid and didn't know very much.
Hampsters and mice are nocternal and returned during their active period.
Don't loose hope and I'll keep you both in my prayers.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Everyone pray real hard tonight that little buddy comes out of hiding.
I will be thinking of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug Yes, miracles do happen.

ka-king
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys. Took apart the refrigerator and dishwasher today. Dug out my winter clothes boxes and went through those. Put out new fresh banana. Other than that, been mostly quiet and still today.

Still no sounds or sights.

NaturesGift
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I am so sorry I hope you find weechee soon. I remember the time I had dale runnin around the house and I got busy and forgot and my parenst came back home and they were like MANDY!!!!!! there is a squirrel in our room.. they thought it was a wild one. I did to till i entered their room and saw it was my dale cuddled up in the center of their bed.... On a weird note thier door was shut b.c the cat was in there but he found a way through a wall (I think).. the cat was sleepin on the floor..and Dale on the bed... I was soo relieved and sooooo guilty. It was the last time I ever let hm just run well I cleaned the house. :thinking I really hope you find him by morning. *hugs*
Mandie

webld4u2
05-02-2007, 09:56 PM
OH YES, MIRACLES REALLY DO HAPPEN ON THIS BOARD!!!!

ka-king
05-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Its been 48 hours.

:(

Buddy'sMom
05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

ka-king
05-03-2007, 08:22 AM
I just don't understand why he won't come out. He always came to me and crawled right into my hand. I have been so quiet, he should have stopped being scared by now.

He must be stuck somewhere, or hurt or he got outside somehow.

Momma Squirrel
05-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I feel so helpless and don't have any answers for you. Just keep an eye and ear out and we are all praying for the best. It is amazing how long these lil critters can go sometimes without food, so be patient. I know you must be going out of your mind but hang in there and come on and talk all you need to, we are here for you. :grouphug

Buddy'sMom
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Others have reported using pets to find "lost" babies -- it would just have to be very closely supervised since there is no way of telling whether the pet would just "find" or would attempt to "retrieve." (or, I guess, not be the least bit interested or helpful :D )

Don't know what to say or suggest. :thinking I do think it is more likely that he is still inside, and probably not that far from where he left his cage -- even though you think you have looked everywhere (it's always the last place you look, right?). And for such a tiny thing, there would be endless possibilities.

Still hoping for the best ......:grouphug :Love_Icon

webld4u2
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh my god, I can't believe Wee-chee hasn't come out yet. I feel for you. Do the others make any kind of noise??? Anyway to get them them too??? Just a thought.................:shakehead

ka-king
05-03-2007, 09:42 AM
What others?

Buddy'sMom
05-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry if I confused things by talking about "babies" :tilt

Webld4u2, there is only one chipmunk baby -- maybe 5 weeks old, eyes opened a week ago. (their nest was uncovered when a building was moved; chipmunk-mom came back and moved the other babies, but not this one, despite several opportunities)

ka-king
05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh, I see...
No, there aren't any other babies to call out for him.

I will try letting the cats out for a bit and see what happens.

Momma Squirrel
05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I would just allow one and only with VERY CLOSE supervision, chippies maybe fast but this one will be scared and probably tired and hungry, good opp for the cat to catch it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I agree with MommaS.

mommacomet
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree.. sometimes a dog or cat is your best help. I know our golden has sniffed out more than one escape hamster over the years. Just make sure its under close supervision.

Good Luck...

Secret Squirrel
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
That is a very good idea.:thumbsup
My cat will watch for hours in one spot...then I get the idea...hey!! maybe she found something....of course.... a snake in our garage behind a few boxes. Juanita just sat there staring at the crack between the boxes.
I hope your cat leads you to him. I am praying hard for you the cat and Weechee :grouphug

drakkonia
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Poor little Weechee. I hope you find him soon. :grouphug

ka-king
05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I just let the cats out for 45 minutes... they were so happy to be out of the bathroom, they have been in there for two days. They sniffed everywhere but I didn't see them see anything suspicious.

I should have let my dog stay. She is the one who found the babies outside the first time, my husband would have probably never noticed the babies. If I don't hear anything today I may run down and get her. She is 45 minutes away with her grandparents.

Secret Squirrel
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh no....I was hoping the cats would sniff her out. Maybe your mom can meet you half way with your dog. It's just a thought :thinking but since you dog found her in the yard it may work in the house too.
My heart goes out to you :grouphug .

susanw
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Darn, I was hoping there was good news! Don't give up, of course when you do that's when he will probably come out. Here's hoping for the best!:shakehead

quirlgirl
05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I've been checking this board every little while to see if your baby has come out to be with his mama, wanted you to know I am still here with you as all the other people here on TSB are........:grouphug

ka-king
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
He is just not here. I have looked everywhere, and not heard a peep. He's just gone.

TexanSquirrel
05-03-2007, 04:14 PM
We're still praying for you and baby Weechee.

ka-king
05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Took Secret Squirrels advice and met my mom halfway and brought my dog home. She stared at an empty corner of the baby's room and under the bed. Empty corner was weird, couldn't figure that one out. Checked under the bed and in the boxspring again and nothing.

I looked outside some but it is raining and I already made myself realize that Weechee could not have gotten outside. The only exit hole would have been impossible for him to get to.

This is a mystery/tragedy.

Mars
05-03-2007, 07:25 PM
empty corner? Could your baby gotten behind the base board??

ka-king
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
I can't figure it out. There's nothing there, no way to get behind the baseboard. There is just a column beside it and there is a plant on it. The column is hollow, but I checked inside, nothing. Nothing in the plant. Nothing under the bed. Nothing in the night stand. Nothing!

Usually when she finds or sees something, but can't get it, she whines.

BB usually is not allowed in that room, so maybe she was just weirded out by the "forbidden room"?

Pam
05-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Could Weechee have gotten between the mattress and box springs?

Pam
05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Have you checked in the bottom drawer on your stove? I had a hamster get in there from the backside of the stove.

ka-king
05-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Checked between the mattress and boxspring, checked under stove.

So frustrating.

ka-king
05-04-2007, 07:12 AM
My dog is an indoor dog, I took her through again and had her smell Weechee's blanket. She slept on the floor all night and not a whimper.

Guys, I guess this is it. I don't think I will ever find out what happened to my baby.

Thank you guys so much for your kind words and great support. I really appreciate it.

I have to get back to work or I will loose all my clients.

Momma Squirrel
05-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I am so sorry you haven't found Weechee yet, but you never know, that lil head may still pop out. Just watch for anything that your dog may do or if there is any food missing that you have left out. I am still hoping for a happy ending. :grouphug

Buddy'sMom
05-04-2007, 08:21 AM
So very sorry Weechee hasn't re-appeared!! You certainly did everything you possibly could to locate him and I hope you are able to take comfort in that, even if it wasn't successful. Small comfort, I know, but sometimes all we can do is give it our best. :grouphug :grouphug

Squerly
05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Ka-king, I am so very sorry that your little one has not been located yet. This thread is barely 4 days old and has had 1,062 views already so I know that everyone here is keeping on eye on this vigil and feels the same way. I, and everyone else, am keeping my fingers crossed and I pray that he/she will show up. It is important to think good thoughts at this point in time and don't give up.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I have been at work since yesterday and thought of you & the missing baby.:grouphug Just checked in to see what the status was.

Nutz4squirrels2
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Like everyone else I have been rushing home to check to see what the latest news is and it has certainly been a page turner for sure. I know you have had lots of help and similar stories and encouragement so I did not tell my lil story. But what finally brought my new little grey squirrel out of the wall in my bathroom was juicy sweet smell of cantalope. She was in there 3 days and also 6 weeks old. Never had a sql who particularly liked cantalope but that sweet heavy smell did the trick and thats all I cared about. I know you are heart broken as we all are for you! But thats why I am suggesting something that worked for me. Just a thought........... Hang in there gurlfriend!!

Pam
05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Don't give up... Our baby hamster stayed hidden for four days...on the fifth day he ran across the den while we were watching TV...

ka-king
05-04-2007, 01:37 PM
He does like stuff that is soft like bananas, maybe canteloupe would work if he is still here and able. I'll try it.

Secret Squirrel
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Don't give up and stay strong. :grouphug

ka-king
05-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I put out canteloupe, straweberry, banana and pineapple.

Waiting.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Boy I wish*we could call a psychic who is that one on tv all the time Sylvia Brown on this one!!:shakehead

Mars
05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay, here is a long shot. Have you checked in the dirt beneath the plants? Chipmunks naturally live in and dig burrows and if she could reach a plant my guess is she would dig in.

Pam
05-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Today I was sitting in the den and watched my cat climb up into the underneath of my husband's recliner...never saw him do it before :dono
Do you have a recliner? Have you checked it?

cpietra16
05-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Woulds you be able to set up a camera . The camera may pick up movement that you may not see. This may work in the day or night time. I hope he shows up to eat...

ka-king
05-04-2007, 05:46 PM
How small of a space do you think Weechee could sqeeze through? He was 30 grams and you can see from the picture how big...

Do you think that he could sqeeze through the slats of the floor vent? My thumb won't go through and the space is less than 1/2 in. I never thought he could fit but now I am doubing myself.

I finally turned the air back on after we checked the return vent, if he is in there then I have frozen him.

There isn't a way to check the output pipe because it is behind drywall.

Yes, checked under the recliner...

pamela lee
05-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Okay where are all the chippy owners, don't you think they'd know alot about chippies escaping? Why don't you PM some of them? I don't think they would mind. I'd hope they would be happy to help. I know if I could help I'd be right there, but all I can can do is pray. Keep the faith and hang in there.

LynninIN
05-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Hang in there ka-king. My brothers hamster escaped several times for days when we were young. We would tear the house apart and couldn't find him. For some reason he usually showed up in my room. Woke up one Christmas morning with a hamster in my bed. My friend has a crazy cat that is faster than lightening. He's been installed behind a dish washer and dry walled into a wall. Did I mention an escape artist? He's safe and sound and gets double locked in a cage when workers come to the house.

No, I don't think he could fit through standard size floor vents.

cpietra16
05-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Could he be in someone's shoes or work boots...

ka-king
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
:(

Buddy'sMom
05-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you ka-king. I'm so sorry he hasn't come out yet. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Kaking same here...thinking of you.:grouphug

Pam
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
:grouphug to ka-king

Kathy56
05-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Praying for you.:grouphug