PDA

View Full Version : Miracle nipple

kotagirl72
09-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Anyone try the miracle nipple? I have four 6 week old baby red Fox squirrels. I have FV and they are doing great after their tree was cut down and they fell 40 feet. Momma never came back for them. One of the girls still doesn't have her eyes open and the others had them open for4 days now. One boy hates the syringe and isn't getting a lot to eat but he chews on solid foods. I'm hoping since he will take the nipple that the miracle nipple will be better. He chewed the other nipple and the flow is now to much.

SammysMom
09-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Miracle nipples are the BEST! I have not had one who had an issue with it.:thumbsup

Rhapsody
09-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I generally use the Four Paw Cone Nipples that Chris's Squirrel & More sells, but I have also used the Miracle Nipples for my babies older than 4 weeks old than have trouble taking the Four Paw Nipples...... and they work just fine. :)

kotagirl72
09-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Thank you. He's been taking the nipple I have but I'm not happy with it. I have to watch him close after he bit it . I've never had one that as soon as they opened their eyes want to chew on the rat block but he loves it.

Should I be concerned about the female whose eyes still haven't opened?

SugarBugFerret
09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
I love the miracle nipples! They are a little more expensive but I think soooo worth it! My girl is a year old now and still likes her baba. Shhhhh! Don't tell...she thinks she's a big girl! :grin3

kotagirl72
09-18-2014, 09:25 PM
:grin2. I was told to give him a little avocado. I don't mind the expense as long as he's happy and healthy. The girls are so much bigger than he is. One girl will pee on me as soon as she starts nursing.

Rhapsody
09-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Should I be concerned about the female whose eyes still haven't opened?
I would not be concerned.... squirrels open their eyes any where between 4-6 weeks old, it varies.

Here are the Nipples I use most of the time...... :)
..... from same lady that makes the Miracle Nipple.
http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/four-paws-cone-nurser-nipples-and-bottles.html

kotagirl72
09-18-2014, 09:32 PM
One thing that gets me steamed. People approach me all the time begging for me to give them one or sell them one. No and no. It's illegal but they have no clue what to do or how to take care of them. These will be overwintered and released next spring. We already had snow this year.