PDA

View Full Version : worried fur mom..

sissyandbubba
09-17-2014, 08:37 AM
K my babies r about 10 to 11 weeks old not wanting milk no more ...I've had them on fox valley and Henry's block ...also, been giving them squash,mushrooms,lettuce,cucumber ( they don't like none of this) it sits there and goes bad the next day.. I also give them nuts,mango,blueberry's,grapes ...they turn there nose up to everything but the nuts and grapes ...I'm so worried about this, needs some pointers...I've also tryed to put peanut butter on the blocks...they do nibble on the blocks but I know its not enough for them ...worried...:poke idk what to do this is like the second bunch of veggies I've tryed to get them to eat...also , how many time do we feed r lil guys breakfest , lunch ,dinner ??? worried fur mom...

SammysMom
09-17-2014, 08:47 AM
First...:Welcome next, stop all nuts amd fruit until they are eating blocks. Tjey have to eat healthily to grow strong and block is the first step after formula.
they will be annoyed, but it is what we call tough love and you have to do it.:grouphug

sissyandbubba
09-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Ooh no I'm gonna be worried about them..:( so OK I'll start on that now ..:thumbsup there gonna be upset at me ..

ALittleNutty
09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
You might try microwaving the blocks for a couple of seconds. Some say this really ups the attractiveness of them.

Yes, it's time for tough love. Cut out the nuts and fruit. It's like dealing with a toddler and those are "treats" but they have to eat their dinner first.

Have you tried putting their formula in a shallow dish with a few large pebbles so they don't dunk their noses too deep? Many will refuse the syringe at this age but will drink it from a dish.

I usually do five feedings per day at this age, formula, veggies & blocks, formula, veggies & blocks, formula with a few blocks just before bed.

sissyandbubba
09-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes I have did the dish thing but they just take a couple sips and that's it ..thanks for the tips ...and I've noticed the blocks get really hard after a couple days that's normal??!?!

ALittleNutty
09-17-2014, 09:42 AM
I remove any blocks or other food they haven't eaten on a daily basis. The blocks can grow mold.

sissyandbubba
09-17-2014, 10:07 AM
OK thanks much ...will do ..I'll keep y'all informed..

CritterMom
09-17-2014, 10:45 AM
At the end of the day, take the big pieces of HHB out of the cage and put them in a little plastic refrigerator container, in the fridge, with a slice of apple in it. By morning they will be chewy again and have a faint apple-y odor!:thumbsup

DarkLies212
09-17-2014, 12:19 PM
At the end of the day, take the big pieces of HHB out of the cage and put them in a little plastic refrigerator container, in the fridge, with a slice of apple in it. By morning they will be chewy again and have a faint apple-y odor!:thumbsup

Awesome tip CM! I didn't know about this one

Welcome sissyandbubba! :Welcome

EDIT: What on EARTH is going on with that? I typed C M without the spaces and then I get some crazy dancing thing??