PDA

View Full Version : SFS and chihuahua's

newowner
04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
will they get alongs :shakehead :thinking

island rehabber
04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I would say NO. Dogs or cats typically do not get along with squirrels. Chihuahuas are, I believe, "ratters" -- dogs that were orignally used to hunt down rats. Squirrels are bait to them....despite their tiny size.

It's generally not good to expose a squirrel to either a dog or a cat. Remember that dogs and cats are predators....and squirrels are prey. :nono

darrakm
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
will they get alongs :shakehead :thinking
PLEASE, dont even have them in the same room.

TexanSquirrel
04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I would say no. I have a chi and he is very territoral and I think he would feel the need to assert his dominance over a squirrel, which would hurt it, and that's assuming he didn't just kill it right out.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-01-2007, 05:38 AM
I would say no way too. I think a chihuahua would be like my rat terrier, they just have that instinct to chase it and grab hold of it. Our rat terrier isn't allowed anywhere near the baby bunnies and squirrels. The only kind of dog I would say could go with a squirrel would be a boston terrier, at least the two I have had. Even then, I wouldn't let the squirrel lose without the dog being on a leash or something. Dogs tend to be rough when they play and could easilly kill a little squirrel trying to play with it.