PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Houston

Ace-the-squirrel
09-14-2014, 08:23 AM
We "adopted" Ace T. Squirrel on 09/06/14. I found him while on a walk. He was on the ground, pretty lifeless, with his two other siblings :sad One had passed already so I scooped him up and his sis. She unfortunately passed the second day.... He opened his eyes on the 10th and is active and becoming a little more "verbal" :grin2 He has woven a little place in my heart! :Love_Icon

Milo's Mom
09-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi and welcome to TSB!!!

Tell us a bit more about Ace T. Squirrel and post some pics too!!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE pics, lots of them!!!

Ace-the-squirrel
09-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi and welcome to TSB!!!

Tell us a bit more about Ace T. Squirrel and post some pics too!!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE pics, lots of them!!!
Ok...as soon as I know how LOL!

Rhapsody
09-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Hello & Welcome........ :Love_Icon

Ace-the-squirrel
09-14-2014, 07:47 PM

Ace T. Squirrel :)

California Squirrel Lover
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh wow, Ace is ADORABLE!!! :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Ace-the-squirrel
09-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Oh wow, Ace is ADORABLE!!! :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Thank you! Yeah I'm kind of head over heels....:Love_Icon

DarkLies212
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Oh my goooosssshhh major klunkage!!! :serene:serene:serene

Ace-the-squirrel
09-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Well up for the morning feed! Let's see what today brings for Ace :)

Milo's Mom
09-15-2014, 05:23 AM
Well up for the morning feed! Let's see what today brings for Ace :)

Hopefully it will be full of yummies, cuddles, scritchies, many sleeps, and lots of kisses!! :Love_Icon

island rehabber
09-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Welcome, Houston, and Hello from City Island NY! :wave123

Ace is just plain adorable....love that age! Ok here we go, the TSB Inquest :grin2:

What are you feeding him?
How often?
Is he getting a quality rodent block?

Sorry can't help myself :grin3. Nobody that adorable should have anything but the best!

Ace-the-squirrel
09-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Hopefully it will be full of yummies, cuddles, scritchies, many sleeps, and lots of kisses!! :Love_Icon

Oh my goooosssshhh major klunkage!!! :serene:serene:serene

Welcome, Houston, and Hello from City Island NY! :wave123

Ace is just plain adorable....love that age! Ok here we go, the TSB Inquest :grin2:

What are you feeding him?
How often?
Is he getting a quality rodent block?

Sorry can't help myself :grin3. Nobody that adorable should have anything but the best!

Thank You all for the warm welcomes!

He gets Esbilac 1/4 c and water 1/2 c and whipped cream 1 t. ( someone from the forum was kind enough to give me that ) I just introduced the wc so I started slow. He eats every 4 hrs. 6-8cc's. I am waiting on the FV and his Henry's!
Hopefully they will be in very quickly.
I am nervous about his eating because I hope he is getting enough nutrition. I don't really know where to get any rodent blocks presently some I'm off to scour the city! Did I start too late with his blocks? :thinking Does he get enough water?

farrelli
09-15-2014, 11:24 PM
As long as he's getting sufficient good formula, blocks aren't necessary. You're feeding Esbilac puppy powder with probiotics, right? That's what we generally recommend. He should get 5-7% of body weight at every feeding. For example, a 100g sq should get 5-7ccs. Mostly, people throw in some blocks for them to gnaw on at 6-8 weeks or so, but they don't really eat them at first. If you want to get some before your Henry's arrive, Kaytee Forti-Diet for rodents (blue bag) are available at many pet stores.

When you get the FV, you might want to mix it 50/50 with the Esbilac. It's what many people feel to be the ideal formula.

Ace-the-squirrel
09-16-2014, 04:56 AM
As long as he's getting sufficient good formula, blocks aren't necessary. You're feeding Esbilac puppy powder with probiotics, right? That's what we generally recommend. He should get 5-7% of body weight at every feeding. For example, a 100g sq should get 5-7ccs. Mostly, people throw in some blocks for them to gnaw on at 6-8 weeks or so, but they don't really eat them at first. If you want to get some before your Henry's arrive, Kaytee Forti-Diet for rodents (blue bag) are available at many pet stores.

When you get the FV, you might want to mix it 50/50 with the Esbilac. It's what many people feel to be the ideal formula.
Great! Thanks :)
Ace is starting to clean himself and is quite frisky now! His poop is perfect! I was worried because it was loose... One can never be happy about loose poop Lol!
He is starting to not like his little "cotton ball baths" after feeding now :( It was a good bonding moment I thought. :Love_Icon

Ace-the-squirrel
09-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Yep, "bath" time is pretty much over for Ace.... he lets me know in clear unspoken terms! :rotfl
He is cleaning himself very good now!