PDA

View Full Version : Helooo.....new in south Tx

Lacyt74
08-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi guys,
I have been blessed with a little pink hairless gift as of 4 days ago. My dog brought him to the porch at night and I believe would have killed him had I not intervened. I have been feeding and caring for five days now. His umbilical scab came away yesterday. I am feeding Esbilac. He weighs 20g and is eating 1-1.25ml every 3 hours or if longer, when milk line disappears.
My question is this.......How much poo is normal? I've got teeny tiny TINY golden pellets, but maybe only one or two between most feelings. One or two pellets.... I just thought he would poop more. Also, we have PLENTY of pale urine.

ALittleNutty
08-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,
I have been blessed with a little pink hairless gift as of 4 days ago. My dog brought him to the porch at night and I believe would have killed him had I not intervened. I have been feeding and caring for five days now. His umbilical scab came away yesterday. I am feeding Esbilac. He weighs 20g and is eating 1-1.25ml every 3 hours or if longer, when milk line disappears.
My question is this.......How much poo is normal? I've got teeny tiny TINY golden pellets, but maybe only one or two between most feelings. One or two pellets.... I just thought he would poop more. Also, we have PLENTY of pale urine.

:thumbsup Sounds like you are doing great. At that age teeny tiny is normal, and the golden color is perfect. Just keep stimulating for a bit after they start going. Sometimes you can get them to go more by stimulating halfway through the feeding and again at the end. Plenty of urine is great and they sure can pee as you have found out. :grin2

:thankyou for coming to this little one's rescue!

Lacyt74
08-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Oh thank you! I was worried. Well I think he may be a non release, as he has a puncture wound in the top of his head....from the dog or the fall, I know not. All I DO know is that he was put in my path for a reason. :Love_Icon

Lacyt74
08-25-2014, 08:34 PM
I believe the first pic is day 1 the second is day 5

HRT4SQRLS
08-25-2014, 08:44 PM
:wave123 Lacyt74
:Welcome to TSB
That sure is a precious baby you have there. :grin2
Does the 'pink hairless gift' have a name? :poke
Is your PHG on a heating pad (low) under half the container? Just checkin'. :tilt

ALittleNutty
08-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Oh thank you! I was worried. Well I think he may be a non release, as he has a puncture wound in the top of his head....from the dog or the fall, I know not. All I DO know is that he was put in my path for a reason. :Love_Icon

He may heal up just fine and only time will tell. I didn't think my Chandy would have survived the ride home due to the severe head trauma and ignorant abuse and neglect she suffered from while in the hands of the finder but she survived and was successfully released. They will amaze you!

farrelli
08-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Feeding the Esbilac puppy powder with probotics on the label, right?

And are you following proper feeding technique - head pointed down, 1cc syringe pointed up?

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?36777-PROPER-FEEDING-TECHNIQUE!!

MollyBear361
08-26-2014, 12:13 AM
Hi! I am in South Texas. Is all still going well???:Welcome

Lacyt74
08-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Yes feeding correctly, esbilac probiotics, heating pad 1/2 under, And I haven't replied because I just got a 13g baby girl. I've been busy! I noticed the last feeding their milk line did not recede as it had previously, so I waited an hour and fed the hungry hungry hippos. She is precious! When she is done eating, she slams her mouth and locks it like Fort Knox! Added with her tiny paws pushing syringe away it's very endearing. She is gonna be one of those "I'm NOT gonna do it and you can't make me!", babies.:thankyou for the warm welcome!

His name is Rocky, and hers is Peanut. I'll post pic of them together soon!
And the first pic was day 5, 2nd pic was day 1.