PDA

View Full Version : Overspoiling?

lazarus_04
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
It isn't a good idea to spoil a baby squirrel right? The reason I ask is because I have two little guys who just love to snooze in my pockets and stick their heads out once in a while for a scratch behind the ears...but I worry that if I let them do this, they won't want to sleep in their cage anymore. Or worse, when they get released, they'll be too trusting of people in general. There can be some really cruel people out there. :shakehead

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Your squirrels are still young. Squirrels tend to get attached to only one person, so they should learn to love and trust you and fear others. After you have had them for a few weeks try bringing someone new around and you should find that they freak out, which is a good thing. Also, since they are young, the love and nurturing is good for them. Once they get a little older and are off milk, you will need to give them less attention and let them be their squirrely selves. They should wild out just fine then, mine always do. And then before you know it you will need the welding gloves and first aid kit like IR said :D .

lazarus_04
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, That's good then! :D

Buddy'sMom
04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Besides, they are just too darn cute not to spoil! :D :D