PDA

View Full Version : how would i go about getting a rehabbers licence??

ljhpsauce
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
:wave123 Hi Can anyone help? i would like to know how i would go about getting a rehabbers licence in the UK??it is quite hard in the UK as many people have the misconception that "Grey squirrels"are :shakehead :soapbox :Cry a pest ! and over here they are infact classed as :dono :frustratedxi REALY hate to say this "Vermin"!!!..which is SOOOO out of order!!! i always thought vermin meant unclean? but they are the cleanest of creatures!!,(:Love_Icon :mad: in fact more so than some of the people i know!!)..i had a disagreement with one of our Vets about this :soapboxbut BUT lets not go into that or i'll be here all day!!anyway over here it is illegal to release gray squirrels back into the Wild, unless you have special permission!! or its privately owned grounds or a registered wildlife conservation area etc.. :shakehead the organization that my Works-(24/7 veterinary hospital)-deal with is privately run so it is'nt always easy to get hold of (plus also as we are an "emergency" animal hospital and "Extremely"busy, it is'nt always easy to get the chance to look up)are there any others that :Love_Icon "Any of You Lot":Love_Icon :squirrel1 can recommend ???....i will also enquire about this when i am next at work:nurse (as i am off now for 4 days..my next shift starts again on sunday) I'am very interested in getting as much info as poss.thanks all lol Lisa.x:thankyou (aka.ljhpsauce):Love_Icon :Squirrel :crybaby :squirrel1:thankyou

island rehabber
04-17-2007, 10:50 PM
hiya -- try the IWRC: http://www.iwrc-online.org/index.html

they are the International wildlife rehabbers' council. Somewhere in that website there may be the link you need to get a license in the UK. Good luck -- we sure can use your help out here!!

TexanSquirrel
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Good luck!