PDA

View Full Version : more mange

catmom5
04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I have written in the past about treating my squirrels with the equine ivermectin paste on walnuts. It has worked beautifully, but I have a guy now who has a really awful case of mange. He has more skin than fur and seems to be pretty exhausted. I got the first dose of ivermectin in him yesterday (Friday) and will get him more next Friday. My question is how long it takes to start working. I had hoped to see some improvement in a few days, but don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. He's a sweet thing and comes at the same time every day. The biggest problem is to keep him here when I go out. Sometimes he runs off a bit, but has always come back. Anyway, how soon should I start to see some changes?
Thanks

farrelli
04-26-2014, 11:38 PM
I think the redness should go away within a week or two, hair regrowth in maybe three. At first, the skin looks dark but it's the start of hair.

MJS
04-28-2014, 08:58 AM
YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO SEE MUCH IMPROVEMENT UNTIL IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR DOSE #3...THAT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE, ANYWAY. GOOD LUCK WITH HIM. I'VE ALWAYS HAD EXCELLENT RESULTS WITH IVERMECTIN. :thumbsup