PDA

View Full Version : how do you become a rehabber

jennjenn
03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
I know I am new at everything but I would like to know the steps to become a rehabber after experience i have had with Squirt and his previous foster. She knew nothing and apparently did not care to educate herself. There is basically no help around her and if it werent fo the squirrel board I would have been lost. I know it would take a long time to gain the knowledge of most people on here but it is just a thought...

island rehabber
03-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Rehabbers are almost all volunteers, licensed by the states they live in, and each state is a little bit different.
For Tennessee, go here to get started:

http://www.tn.gov/twra/wildliferehab.html

Rehabbing is a major commitment and will change your life as you know it. If it is your calling, it will be the greatest thing you've ever done despite the challenges. New rehabbers are ALWAYS desperately needed; there are never enough of us.

jennjenn
03-26-2014, 02:04 PM
I have all the time in the world!! I am a stay at home mom my oldest two are in school and my youngest is about to turn one. when i stumbled upon my babies pic i never imagined it would change my life in this way but i feel like God placed him in my hands for a reason and afterfinding out the oh soooooo limited recources around here there is not much people can do. I would rather do it legally than to be watching over my shoulder all the time!!

SammysMom
03-26-2014, 04:04 PM
As someone who was watching over my shoulder until 2 weeks ago, when I got my license in CT, I can tell you that it is a wonderful feeling to know that I am able to help without any worries of "turn ins" by some nosy pain in the butt. It gives you access to veterinary care and for me, that was really the biggest thing. Knowing that I can legally have a baby looked at who needs help is such a weight off of my shoulders!
You are certainly doing a great job with your baby now and Tennessee wildlife would be lucky to have you on their side!:Love_Icon