PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from the Nest!!!

DarkLies212
03-23-2014, 10:28 PM
I was telling my fiance how I was really hoping for a baby squirrel this season, but if I don't get one, that's better for them to stay with their momma :Love_Icon
He tells me that he can get me one. Are you serious, how? As it turns out, a friend of his relative TAKES THEM FROM THE NEST and raises them himself, claiming he can raise them better than the momma. AND he keeps some of the kidnapped babies!
I almost feel like a hypocrite, since Ambrose was wild at one point, but he wasn't kidnapped! He had fallen twice out of his nest along with some brothers and sisters during a hurricane and then carried off by a dog.
My fiance (and everyone else it seems like) is completely convinced that what he does is better for the babies than staying with their momma! I don't know anything else about this guy other than what he does, but I'm furious!!
:soapbox :pissed :madd :mad:

Nancy in New York
03-23-2014, 10:44 PM
I was telling my fiance how I was really hoping for a baby squirrel this season, but if I don't get one, that's better for them to stay with their momma :Love_Icon
He tells me that he can get me one. Are you serious, how? As it turns out, a friend of his relative TAKES THEM FROM THE NEST and raises them himself, claiming he can raise them better than the momma. AND he keeps some of the kidnapped babies!
I almost feel like a hypocrite, since Ambrose was wild at one point, but he wasn't kidnapped! He had fallen twice out of his nest along with some brothers and sisters during a hurricane and then carried off by a dog.
My fiance (and everyone else it seems like) is completely convinced that what he does is better for the babies than staying with their momma! I don't know anything else about this guy other than what he does, but I'm furious!!
:soapbox :pissed :madd :mad:

Oh God help these babies being raised by a complete moron.
That poor mother! Those poor babies!
And YOUR fiancé believes this *&%^(% too? :shakehead

farrelli
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Please, if there's any way, report them, or at least try to meet and have a conversation.

grampyngramy
03-23-2014, 11:14 PM
Some folks it is such a shame they use up oxygen.

California Squirrel Lover
03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
that just breaks my heart :shakehead i wish there were a way you could convince them how wrong that is. :(

SammysMom
03-23-2014, 11:24 PM
What an incredible idiot! What the heck does he do with all of these stolen little ones? This makes me want to slap the crap out of him! :soapbox

DarkLies212
03-24-2014, 01:17 PM
As far as I know, he releases some
I want to get my hands on this guy and strangle him

Charley Chuckles
03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
This is so sad :shakehead Is there a way you could meet him and try to reason with him, possibly lead him to TSB :dono
Reporting him could end up with the babies being euthanized :sad
I hope he isn't selling them :soapbox

lukaslolamaus
03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
My heart is breaking for these mommas and babies. Imagine how traumatizing that must be!!!
Toby felt home with us from the first time we saw him, but poor Gabriel.......I felt how sad he was missing his family.
I'm just speechless how stupid people are :shakehead
Makes me angry:soapbox