PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, Oakie, my friend and my original mentor!!

island rehabber
03-06-2014, 09:58 AM
I just want to make a special WELCOME post here for Oakie, who, along with the most wonderful squirrel vet on the planet (Dr Wendy Westrom) got me into this crazy rehabbing thing 11 years ago!

I will never forget her first words to me on the phone when I called, blubbering and snivelling, with "Hi I live in the Bronx and I have a pet squirrel and his leg is broken......."

"What IS IT with you people from the Bronx????" she demanded. Turns out, SHE is originally from the Bronx :rofl4

Without her, my first squirrel would never have been healed and then released. Without her, I never would have had Dr Wendy persuade me to become a rehabber. So without her, I wouldn't be here typing this. Love ya, Oakie!! :Love_Icon:grouphug:Love_Icon

stepnstone
03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
I just want to make a special WELCOME post here for Oakie, who, along with the most wonderful squirrel vet on the planet (Dr Wendy Westrom) got me into this crazy rehabbing thing 11 years ago!

I will never forget her first words to me on the phone when I called, blubbering and snivelling, with "Hi I live in the Bronx and I have a pet squirrel and his leg is broken......."

"What IS IT with you people from the Bronx????" she demanded. Turns out, SHE is originally from the Bronx :rofl4

Without her, my first squirrel would never have been healed and then released. Without her, I never would have had Dr Wendy persuade me to become a rehabber. So without her, I wouldn't be here typing this. Love ya, Oakie!! :Love_Icon:grouphug:Love_Icon

And you've never forgotten it either! :rolf:rolf
:Welcome Oakie!
....How do you like her now!! :grin3

Fireweed
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Wow. If Oakie was the reason you are here, as you are, today, IR - then she is one Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious woman! :bowdown Welcome, Oakie! :wave123

TubeDriver
03-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the TSB! :wave123

Mountain Mama
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
:Welcome Oakie!

Milo's Mom
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi Oakie :wave123 and :Welcome to TSB!!!

Thanks for being IR's original mentor!! :grin2:bowdown

MJS
03-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Hi Oakie :wave123 and :Welcome to TSB!!!

Thanks for being IR's original mentor!! :grin2:bowdown

WHAT SHE SAID!!! :Welcome

Sissy
03-06-2014, 11:48 PM
:Welcome:Welcome:Welcome

What a wonderful thing to have such a wonderful person on board with us!!

kastillo
03-06-2014, 11:54 PM
:Welcome:Welcome Oakie!!

OAKIE
03-07-2014, 08:22 AM
:Welcome:Welcome:Welcome

What a wonderful thing to have such a wonderful person on board with us!!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.I feel all fuzzy!!!!I want to especially say thank you to Maura.I always feel her positive energy whenever I speak with her.It's so nice to network with a level headed rehabber!!!
I look forward to meeting many of you!!!
Oakie :thankyou