PDA

View Full Version : Warning about nicotine toxicity

HRT4SQRLS
02-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I am posting a link about a dog that died due to chewing the vial that contained the refill fluid for e-cigarettes. The fluid contains nicotine, propylene glycol and flavoring. In animals (probably dogs), 0.5-1 mg/pound of nicotine is toxic and 4 mg/pound is lethal. Basically from what I gather, if a squirrel even chewed through one of these refill vials, it would probably be fatal. WE KNOW HOW THEY LOVE TO CHEW so if you own these products it would be best to keep them out of reach of ALL pets at all times.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561930/Pet-dog-animal-Britain-die-acute-nicotine-poisoning-chewing-owners-e-cigarette.html

Sweet Simon's Mommy
02-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Thank you Patty!!!!You are always such a help to us, Thank you for you!!!! :bowdown :peace :bowdown

Glad I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago!

island rehabber
02-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Patti, you are a wealth of information tonight and I thank you SO much. :thankyou

kastillo
02-22-2014, 02:06 AM
I use e cigs, and I do have refill bottles, but the squirrels do not ever go in the same room with any of my stuff like that. I've always been very careful not to even get any of the liquid on my clothes or hands before I handle the squirrels.

Very good warning, btw, :thankyou