PDA

View Full Version : Neo-Squammy Syndrome (NSS)

Anne
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Neo-Squammy Syndrome (NSS) is a disorder of new squirrel mommies (Squammies). It is similar to Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) except the abuser is the patient, not the care taker.
The chief symptoms are extreme anxiety, sleep deprivation, heightened sense of guilt and an uncontrollable urge to surf the Internet.
The anxiety is overwhelming and causes the squammy to lose all rational thought and IQ scores drop by at least 20 points. Sleep deprivation is directly related to how long the flyer has been in the household. New Squammies are not above getting up multiple times a night and holding a tiny mirror under the pup's nose to make sure it's breathing. When the pup displays normal behavior ... cleverly disguised as abnormal, the new Squammy is certain it is her fault and this can often lead to situational depression.
The urge to surf the Internet plunges the Squammy further into a state of chaos when it's discovered that there are a myriad of sites run by "experts" and all of them conflicting what the other site says. The baby squirrel uses this to its advantage and displays different "symptoms" on a daily basis thus keeping the Squammy from work, schooling, activities of daily living, etc.
After some significant weight loss or gain, the Squammy finally realizes that an "abnormal" pet displays "abnormal" behavior because it's normal. How do I know this? Because I've been there, done it all and have the T-shirt!

stepnstone
02-10-2014, 11:57 AM
:goodpost :jump

lennysmom
02-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Oh Anne, did you write this about me?! :poke :rolf

Chickenlegs
02-10-2014, 12:20 PM
All of our pictures are on the poster!

Anne
02-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Dear Darling Lindsay- not written for you, but to you! This is from an article from sometime ago that I have saved in my computer files and I thought I would post hoping you would see and read it :grin3:grouphug-Did it help?

lennysmom
02-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Dear Darling Lindsay- not written for you, but to you! This is from an article from sometime ago that I have saved in my computer files and I thought I would post hoping you would see and read it :grin3:grouphug-Did it help?

Yes and thank you. :) It helps to put things in perspective. :thumbsup

sdreamcatcher
02-10-2014, 01:42 PM
The fun part is that this is repeated every baby season :grin3

island rehabber
02-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Treatment: good results have been gained thru the use of TSB Therapy, BID or as often as needed. :grin3

Anne
02-10-2014, 03:05 PM
IR, I am so going to add the treatment protocol to my saved file.:thankyou

Lindsay, I hoped it would help you. You are now so special to me. Will PM you later-:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Ziggyspal
02-10-2014, 09:50 PM
I think I have acute NSS. I haven't worried/obsessed this much since my oldest child was a baby (yes, I used to watch him breath at night too). I don't know what I would have done without you guys. Most likely, I would be even nuttier than I am.:tinfoil

Sweet Simon's Mommy
02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
The fun part is that this is repeated every baby season :grin3

Baby season is all year long here in Florida :eek

Saverywood
02-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Neo-Squammy Syndrome (NSS) is a disorder of new squirrel mommies (Squammies). It is similar to Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) except the abuser is the patient, not the care taker.
The chief symptoms are extreme anxiety, sleep deprivation, heightened sense of guilt and an uncontrollable urge to surf the Internet.
The anxiety is overwhelming and causes the squammy to lose all rational thought and IQ scores drop by at least 20 points. Sleep deprivation is directly related to how long the flyer has been in the household. New Squammies are not above getting up multiple times a night and holding a tiny mirror under the pup's nose to make sure it's breathing. When the pup displays normal behavior ... cleverly disguised as abnormal, the new Squammy is certain it is her fault and this can often lead to situational depression.
The urge to surf the Internet plunges the Squammy further into a state of chaos when it's discovered that there are a myriad of sites run by "experts" and all of them conflicting what the other site says. The baby squirrel uses this to its advantage and displays different "symptoms" on a daily basis thus keeping the Squammy from work, schooling, activities of daily living, etc.
After some significant weight loss or gain, the Squammy finally realizes that an "abnormal" pet displays "abnormal" behavior because it's normal. How do I know this? Because I've been there, done it all and have the T-shirt!

I'm so there....:crazy

czarina
07-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Please add my face to the poster.
:eek

island rehabber
07-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Please add my face to the poster.
:eek

:crazy:grin3

Anne
07-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Thinking that maybe this should be re-posted every regular pinkie season!
:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Lo ve_Icon:eek:grouphug:grouphug:Love_Icon:Love_Icon: tinfoil:tinfoil

island rehabber
07-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Thinking that maybe this should be re-posted every regular pinkie season!
:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Lo ve_Icon:eek:grouphug:grouphug:Love_Icon:Love_Icon: tinfoil:tinfoil

Yup, and we just bumped it for this one! :rotfl :sleep1:sorry :grin2

mom2twiggy
09-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Hahahaha!!! OMG!! Do you have a hidden camera in my house?? LOL!!! I have a one year old (went through it all when she was brought in nearly dead at 3 weeks old) and now a new baby with a spinal injury. My eyes are bloodshot, my hair is stringy, I cried most of last night thinking this new baby wasn't going to make it. Dreaded getting up this morning.... Preparing for the worst, come in & check on him...... He's wide-eyed & bushy tailed, ate 7cc and some fruit, Henry's & nuts. Now I'm still exhausted & searching the squirrel board while he's napping peacefully!! Ugh!! The struggle is real!!! LOL!! :klunk

island rehabber
09-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Hang in there, mom2twiggy! It does get better. Realizing you need help is halfway there :grin3.

mom2twiggy
09-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Ah!! Good to know!!!! He's actually doing phenomenally well today!! I'm breathing a little easier......... For now!! LOL!!!! :dance :blowkiss