PDA

View Full Version : Respiratory Infections

lovesmice
02-09-2014, 06:12 AM
I am super paranoid about respiratory infections with my mice, and since one of them is currently on Baytril and Doxycycline for one, I wondered if there is anyway the squirrels I feed can pick up the germs from me handling their bowls. The colony with the ill mouse is in the family room which is where the bowls are. I should add Gertie has been on meds since last Wednesday so past the 3 day no longer contagious rule. (I realize some respiratory problems are different with this insofar as how long before no longer contagious.) Anyway, I am pretty sure (and hoping) the answer is, "You are just being paranoid, Kristine, because squirrels cannot get an URI from a mouse", but thought I would ask just in case since rats and mice can pass back the problem. Thanks.

farrelli
02-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Unless someone says otherwise, I'd err on the since of caution seeing that both are rodents. I would assume that many things are passable.

lovesmice
02-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Thank you, farrelli, will do. I love those squirrels so much and would hate to be the cause of any harm to them. (In fact, my family finally understands just how much they mean tome as this past Christmas I got more squirrel stuff than mouse.)

Thanks again. I appreciate the help and excellent advice.