PDA

View Full Version : New Flyer Squammy Saying Hello

slmero
02-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi fellow squirrel lovers!!! My name is Steph and I became the proud squammy to Bella Rose on 1/23/14. She was 10 weeks old when I got her so she is now 11 weeks and I'm right in the process of bonding with this amazing little creature. This is my first squirrel although I've had many pets thoughout my life, including dogs, cats, ferrets, an African grey parrot, fish, hamsters, and I think that's it. Right now, our family consists me, my wonderful fiancé Nicholas, my dog Miss Foxy Lady ( half chihuahua half mini pin), my ferret Gracie Anne, and now my baby Bella a SFS. I am so happy to have found this message board as it has been my saving grace this last week and I'm sure for years to come. I know this isn't the Flyer forum but I just wanted to give a quick introduction here because I want to get to know as many of you as I can!! I'm addicted to everyone's stories and have been spending my nights and a lot of my days just reading about everyone and their babies. I know I've met some of you already I other threads but I wanted to post officially here to introduce myself and my family if furries... I actually just had my first escape last night when my baby Bella chewed through her bonding pouch when fell asleep with her in my shirt. Luckily I was able to contain her in the cabinet of entertainment center and then very slowly got her to climb in her binding pouch this morning without incident... THANK GOD!!! And a few if you helped me through that ordeal which helped me beyond words!! So Thank you all again!!

A little about me... I'm 28 and I work full time as an operations manager. I live in central Massachusetts... Where the temperature has dropped to below zero lately!!! BRRR!! I love animals, as I already said, music is my other passion and I'm very creative and love to draw, write, and read. I like doing just about anything outdoors like swimming, hiking, fishing, camping, etc... My fiancé is AWESOME and works as a foreman for a plastering company. We're simple people who just love to live our life the way WE want to live it. I've always loved squirrels and fed many wilds over the years. I actually love ALL types of animals... I attract swans no matter where I go, I love turtles and rescue them from speeding cars whenever I can, and any other animal that is in need is not discriminated against. I will help anything and anyone any way i can and that is a rule I live by!

I'm attaching a couple pictures of my family for everyone to see. I look forward to talking to you all soon!

slmero
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
And here is miss Bella rose... I couldn't access my pics of her for some reason but I can now. She is the sweetest baby girl in the whole wide world!! The first picture is of her in her little cuddle cup in her cage. The second pic is her sitting on someone's hand at the place I got her from. Adorable or what?

HRT4SQRLS
02-02-2014, 12:51 PM
:Welcome to TSB

Hi Steph, Pleased to meet you. I feel like I know you already! :grin3
I loved the pictures of the entire Bella family. I can already tell that you are a perfect person for Bella to own. Yes, she owns you :owned ... not the other way around.
You are now officially a HOF (Human Owned by a Flyer). :poke :rotfl:rotfl

SugarBugFerret
02-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Howdy and :Welcome to TSB! Your babies are all beautiful. I especially love the pic of your little carpet shark...and in a purple blankie...my favorite color! I have only been a squammy for a few months now, but it only took me a matter of hours to fall head over heels in love with my sweet little Skiddil. But in what seems like a past life now, I was a bit obsessed with ferrets...hence the username. I still have a very special place in my heart for them. Welcome to our TSB family! There are so many wonderful people here that know so much about squirrels. You are going to love it here!

kastillo
02-02-2014, 12:59 PM
:Welcome

JLM27
02-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Welcome! I'm posting our regulation picture of a toilet ladder so you can make one and avert any tragedies. Even if people promise to close lids, accidents need only happen once.

slmero
02-02-2014, 09:30 PM
HELLO EVERYONE!! It's so nice to meet all of you! And JLM, I actually installed my toilet ladder today (especially after my baby chewed through her bonding pouch yesterday in my living room, far away from her home upstairs. I had been planning on doing it this weekend anyway but that really put a fire under my butt. I am also now giving Bella our spare bedroom, which is very small and perfect for a flyer room! I am so glad I have found this messageboard and am grateful for all the support you've all given me this past week. I feel like this is a family and I was just welcomed with open arms... What a cool experience!:grouphug

island rehabber
02-03-2014, 07:06 AM
:Welcome slmero!
BellaRose is truly bellissima and, as others have said, you sound like the perfect person to be owned by a flyer!
Many newbies don't realize this but The Squirrel Board was actually founded in the fond memory of a FLYING SQUIRREL named Chipper who lived to be -- 13 years old!

We're glad you found us!

slmero
02-08-2014, 05:50 PM
:Welcome slmero!
BellaRose is truly bellissima and, as others have said, you sound like the perfect person to be owned by a flyer!
Many newbies don't realize this but The Squirrel Board was actually founded in the fond memory of a FLYING SQUIRREL named Chipper who lived to be -- 13 years old!

We're glad you found us!
Thanks IR!!:thankyou I feel so blessed to have found TSB!! It truly is like a family here and it's so nice to be welcomed with open arms!! I am definitely officially OWNED by Miss Bella Rose (and I wouldn't have it any other way) :owned After about a week and a half, she finally climbed into my hand during tent time 2 nights ago... YAYYY... And then promptly peed and pooped on me!! :woot It was AWESOME; I felt so honored, LOL:alright.gif!!! Does anyone know if that means something? Was she upset, nervous, trusting/happy? I just don't know...

I just LOVE that TSB was founded after a flyer... Who lived to be 13, no less!! Amazing!! I hope Bella lives that long and as long as she keeps eating the healthy veggies and flyer blocks I give her, she's got a great chance!! Thanks again IR... Hope to see you around!

Chickenlegs
02-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Your darling is precious. I love flyers. This is a GREAT resource for squirrel lovers. :Welcome