PDA

View Full Version : Food!

Christie189
04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, now that Bonzo's eyes are open, I understand that he should be starting solids. He is eating 4 times a day, 8 ccs at each feeding. At what age do the feedings decrease to twice a day? I ordered Primate Dry and Rodent Block from Chris's Squirrels and they should be here soon. The Rodent Block should be in his cage at all times, correct? How often should he be eating solids like the Primate Dry, or a Cheerio? It gets a wee bit more confusing the older this little man gets.

Thanks for any help!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
04-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Christie, I put monkey chow & rodent block in with my babies today & they love it. They will nibble as they want.

Christie189
04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds great. Thanks!

What is Monkey Chow? :D (Is that the same as Primate Dry?)

And as soon as the Rodent Block arrives, I'll be introducing it to him.

I just wasn't sure if I should be leaving it in his cage, or if he should be getting it at certain times of the day, like his milk.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
He can have large pieces (big enough that he won't choke) of fruits and vegetables as well and an occassional walnut. Also, you will want to put a walnut in the shell in his cage so he can practice opening it. It will be a few more weeks before he can crack it, but he will enjoy practicing.

TexanSquirrel
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Good luck with him! He's a doll!

squirlymomma
04-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I just wanted to say he is is so adorable. Love on him for me!

http://www.ribbonomatic.com/matic/makegraphic.cgi?message=Oscar%20Marshmallow%20Puff ;hexcolor=orange;fontcolor=black;bgcolor=;source_i d=1;transparent=on;font_id=19

Hart75
04-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm new at this too, so I don't have aany advice, but I just have to say that pic with the teddy bear is absolutely adorable!

TexanSquirrel
04-20-2007, 04:40 PM
We want more Bonzo pics!