PDA

View Full Version : baby squirrel stopped eating

irwinp
04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
we have had 2 baby squirrels for 1 month they were eating fine but the littlest one has stopped eating for us.he has always been the runt and has been eating just fine until 2 days ago now we have to force food in him any help would be greatly appreciated help

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
DO you hear any clicking in his chest? How have you been feeding them, syringe..dropper? Please dont force anymore food till we fiqure this out.
Is he on a heating pad? Babies with aspirational pnemonia tend to move away from heat.

Mars
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Please give more details - kind of squirrel, age, formula and how you have beeen feeding them. We'll try to help.

thundersquirrel
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
yes, more info! we're all eager to help.

he can survive without food for a little while, so stop forcing it until we figure this out. do you have any pics of him?

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
If you have had him for a month his eyes are probably open, right? Perhaps he is getting too old for formula and wants some regular food. Have you tried giving him large pieces (big enough he can't choke) of fruits and veggies and rodent block?
Please give us as much info about your little tyke as you can, we can't help if we don't know what we are dealing with.

ravenlaws32
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
more info please, you came ot right place alot of help here. like others stated if possible any pics?? do not force feed. we need to know everything a to z .

TexanSquirrel
04-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Well? Any news?

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
04-06-2007, 08:10 AM
I private messaged irwinp and she PMd me back, so we should be set. She has been feeding them watered down evaporated milk, so I will be sure she gets them on Esbilac ASAP!
The babies are about 5 weeks old, they just opened their eyes a few days ago.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
04-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Me too S&B, said yesterday that they could get formula today, & syringe.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok, you must be the one they talked to. They said someone else told them about a powdered milk to give them (they didn't say Esbilac or anything so I wasn't even sure it was someone from the board). They told me they would try to get the stuff today as well. Hopefully they do! I told them that it was very important to get it ASAP! Hopefully all turns out good. If only they would have come on a month ago when they found the squirrels.

Buddy'sMom
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Glad you guys made contact and the Esbilac formula is on its way! :thumbsup
Sounds like it's time for cuteness reports and pictures, irwinp?? (hint. hint. :D )

TexanSquirrel
04-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah! Pics!