PDA

View Full Version : Re-introduction

chickenmom
11-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've visited the board my apologies, work got really busy this last year after my boss resigned and I adopted all of her work:eek We brought in several new designers that I had to train during busy season and I was in China 3 times this last year! Things should be slowing down more end of this month *fingers crossed*, needless to say I'm rather exhausted!! I look forward to reading up on the board and catching up on everyone's SQ stories!!

As far as my own SQ updates, we released our second rescue this last Spring, Chopper :grin:grin:grin Honestly I thought the second time would be easier, but it wasn't. He visited a bunch for the first couple of months after his full release which was really amazing. His visits thinned out. I'm thinking he was getting better nuts and treats down the street, or perhaps had a little family to tend to. We havn't seen Chopper since August, however have quite a few other little furry visitors daily!

Sad and squirreless we have been...until I got an email from a gal here on the board, that remembered my location and referred me to another gal here on the board and we wound up with another rescue baby and she will be released this coming Spring. This little girl has been through quite a bit. (names and stories, I will not elaborate on right now, unless it is OK with wonderful TSB folks that came together to get her to me)....however, I would like to introduce you to our new precious little girl....

:jump:jump:jump

Shewhosweptforest
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Aww welcome back.....:grin3 what a beautiful girl....sooo glad you have a fur ball for the winter :Love_Icon Me too!:eek :jump Love the cage setup too:thumbsup

SammysMom
11-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome home! What a cutie pie you have wintering with you!!!:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

chickenmom
11-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks!!! Nice to see you guys :Love_Icon

Anne
11-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Glad to have you back.Beautiful girl! First pictures look like a fox squirrel. I always get a big laugh at the Ferret and Critter Nation cages pictures. The ladders are almost always stored underneath the cage!!!!

chickenmom
11-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Glad to have you back.Beautiful girl! First pictures look like a fox squirrel. I always get a big laugh at the Ferret and Critter Nation cages pictures. The ladders are almost always stored underneath the cage!!!!

Thank you Anne! Yes, she is a foxer, like our others we had! I did give her one ladder, because she is still a baby, but she seems to be getting around without just fine :)

The CN cage has worked out really well for us as far as rescue and release, is has really nice wheels so we can push it onto the back deck for the start of the release process and we can wheel back in if we need to. It's also not too heavy, so I can handle it on my own and gives an ample amount of space for the squirrel when I have to close the cage when I'm at work. They're a great price considering how long they last as well!

island rehabber
11-17-2013, 07:01 PM
:wave123 chickenmom! Great to see you back with us again! What a pretty little winter guest you have there.

stosh2010
11-17-2013, 07:12 PM
As far as my own SQ updates, we released our second rescue this last Spring, ]

Welcome...Back ! We tried to release Claro & Oscuro..my Costa Rican Brothers...but they got sick -2 days before freedom..while in their release cage...
They came Back inside for a prolonged treatment...and NOW may be heathy enough to try again.

Anne
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I agree, those cages should come with an odometer!

Fireweed
11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi, Chickenmom! Welcome back! Good to see you and your happy squees. :)

chickenmom
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi Stosh and Fireweed!!!!!

chickenmom
11-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome...Back ! We tried to release Claro & Oscuro..my Costa Rican Brothers...but they got sick -2 days before freedom..while in their release cage...
They came Back inside for a prolonged treatment...and NOW may be heathy enough to try again.

Whoa...looks like you guys have your hands full these days!!!!!