PDA

View Full Version : Lucky in Mass. (4 years old) needs a forever home.

LuckyIsHisName
11-02-2013, 09:33 AM
We have had lucky for almost 4 years now and we have lost our home so now we are trying to find her one that will be just a great as the one she has now.
We found he almost 4 years ago and she has had the best life we could give her. She has her own room in the house with a cage outside the window she comes in and out as she pleases. We have lost our house to the bank and been thinking of what to do with Lucky and we dont just want to give her to some one that will leave her in a little cage. She isnt the friendlyest squirrel by far so it dont make it easy.
We were thinking of putting her down but that isnt fair to her until all other ways is exusted.
So she dont like to be handled unless its Jackie my girlfriend, she will bite the hell out of you! Jackie can handle her every now and then when Lucky will let her other then that, she is just so mean. So this is why we are in a pickle.
So if any idears we are open to them all, its to late to let her go in the wild, here in the city. Its to cold and winter is setting in, she will never make it so thats out of the qustion.
Its will have to be were she will have a big room of her own or i dont know what else to do. Time is running out and the bank wants us out in 30days now. If you know of any were, in MA or NH we will travel to bring her their.
Please help!

SammysMom
11-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Does she have anything physically wrong with her that makes her non releasable? If not, maybe someone could overwinter her for a spring release.

Fireweed
11-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Maybe an admin can change the title of this thread to include the location. That will help.

Good luck to Lucky and to you, too!

CrazySquirrelLady
11-02-2013, 10:38 AM
poor lucky. I am sorry your house is going to the bank. We will find her a home here surely.

SammysMom
11-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Where are you in Mass?

Nancy in New York
11-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Maybe an admin can change the title of this thread to include the location. That will help.

Good luck to Lucky and to you, too!

Done, thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:Love_Icon

Shewhosweptforest
11-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I have a release cage she could overwinter in....our winters aren't as harsh...and we have a deluxe nestbox with lots of polyfill :thumbsup We would definitely keep her well fed and cared for...and all my wilds are pretty pampered too:grin3 only problem logistics :dono I'm just throwing this out there in case no one closer can help...I'd hate to see her euthanized :shakehead

SammysMom
11-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I am in CT and willing to do some of the drive! Thank-you Sweeper!

TubeDriver
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
I may be able to help with some travel too! :)

farrelli
11-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Has anything happened with this? I'm going to ask to get it moved given that euthanasia is being considered.

Nancy in New York
11-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Has anything happened with this? I'm going to ask to get it moved given that euthanasia is being considered.

I moved the thread.
This member posted once and then never came back. I hope everything is ok, I will send them an email too.

farrelli
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks Nancy!

pappy1264
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
If you get in touch with them, have them contact me. I may be able to help.

Nancy in New York
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
If you get in touch with them, have them contact me. I may be able to help.

pappy I will pm you their email. If you can help them, I'm sure they would be so grateful.

farrelli
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
That would be so awesome if this little girl off of death row! She's moving toward her senior years, but if anyone can win her over, it's Pappy!

Shewhosweptforest
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
My offer is still here:dono That would be awesome if Pappy wants her...alot easier to work out:thumbsup Hope they didn't get rid of Lucky :( This girl deserves a chance :Love_Icon

pappy1264
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Emailed, but have not heard back. Praying they come back on or respond to emails.

LuckyIsHisName
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Where are you in Mass?

lynn, ma. but I will travel couple states if we have to, anything for the best place she can be.

LuckyIsHisName
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Emailed, but have not heard back. Praying they come back on or respond to emails.

we are here, and we wont put her down. we found a temp place if needed till we find her a home.

TubeDriver
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM
we are here, and we wont put her down. we found a temp place if needed till we find her a home.

The two people who offered to help with Lucky (pappy1264 and Shewhosweptforest) are both loving and experienced squirrel people! Lucky would be "lucky" to end up with either of them! :thumbsup

LuckyIsHisName
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM

please just pm us we don't want any unauthorized people calling us thanks

LuckyIsHisName
11-06-2013, 02:38 PM

call me if you can,

farrelli
11-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Just PMd them to call you.

pappy1264
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Lucky, just sent you a pm.

Nancy in New York
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
call me if you can,

I took off your phone number, and pm'd it to pappy and to SammysMom.:thumbsup

farrelli
11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Pappy said she'd call tomorrow.

Shewhosweptforest
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
:wave123 Hi Charlie...here is my thread if you want to take a look at my release cage....I hope things work out for you guys ...I'm here if you need me :grin3 :thumbsup :Love_IconLucky:Love_Icon

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?39736-Baby-has-visitors

Shewhosweptforest
11-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Hey Charlie check out pages 35, 37 to see the release cage pics :grin3...I have pics of the nest boxes too...somewhere after :thinking somewhere after 37 :dono went back and checked pg. 39 :Love_Icon

farrelli
11-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Should she be released at this point? Four years as a pet? I mean, she's entering her golden years at this point. Would she be able to survive?

TubeDriver
11-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Lucky, just sent you a pm.

Pappy, your PM box is full!

Shewhosweptforest
11-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Should she be released at this point? Four years as a pet? I mean, she's entering her golden years at this point. Would she be able to survive?

I'm concerned about this too farelli :dono I did tell him that she could stay here as long as needed...until he found a place he might be able to keep her :dono if she comes here I will not release if she is not ready :shakehead but he does not want her kept in a small cage.

pappy1264
11-07-2013, 07:55 AM
The biggest issue is this squirrel is not even friendly with them. Her being loose in a room is not safe. I will be calling them later today, have an inspection this morning (well sometime between 8-1...gggrrrrr.....)

Sorry, cleaned out my pm's.

rocky63
11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Pappy any news:dono

pappy1264
11-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Spoke to them today, most likely she will be coming here, just have to make sure hubby is ok with everything (I had not spoken to him before I spoke to them, as I was not sure what they wanted to do, as far as releasing.) She def. sounds like she is wild and should be fine with release after wintering over. I may see if they want to come up on Sunday with her.

farrelli
11-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm glad she has a home! Thanks for being open to it. Is she really releasable at this point? I mean, she's at the end of her shelf life in the wild and entering her golden years indoors. I guess you'll have plenty of time to evaluate her though, and see if she can be tamed down if need be.

sdreamcatcher
11-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Spoke to them today, most likely she will be coming here, just have to make sure hubby is ok with everything (I had not spoken to him before I spoke to them, as I was not sure what they wanted to do, as far as releasing.) She def. sounds like she is wild and should be fine with release after wintering over. I may see if they want to come up on Sunday with her.

Sounds like a great deal for everyone involved. She will be safe all winter and get to decide if she wants to be wild next spring. Tough call; good people to want what's best for her. I get that heartbreak :grouphug:grouphug but they love her that much :Love_Icon:Love_Icon

sdreamcatcher
11-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm glad she has a home! Thanks for being open to it. Is she really releasable at this point? I mean, she's at the end of her shelf life in the wild and entering her golden years indoors. I guess you'll have plenty of time to evaluate her though, and see if she can be tamed down if need be.

"Shelf life"? :shakehead:thinking

I have a wild girl outside right now close to 7; Butchie and Joey were over two before they got their chance and they are thriving. In the right setup, 4 is not what I would consider old. Better she gets her chance to decide what she wants. Squirrels are wild animals, after all.

pappy1264
11-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Yup. I told them we will see how it plays out. She will have to be in a cage, but it is for everyone's safety, as she has gotten pretty aggressive from all accounts. We will see. She will be near other squirrels all winter, as I have others overwintering as well. I will update.

TubeDriver
11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Yup. I told them we will see how it plays out. She will have to be in a cage, but it is for everyone's safety, as she has gotten pretty aggressive from all accounts. We will see. She will be near other squirrels all winter, as I have others overwintering as well. I will update.

:thankyou:thankyou:thankyou for stepping up and giving Lucky another chance! :thumbsup

SammysMom
11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah Mary!!! Thank-you for always being there to help!

farrelli
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes, 4 is the average life expectancy for an outdoor squirrel. Ones who live much longer are unusual. They must be exceptional specimens, very wise on how to survive, and/or in a place with few dangers. This one is middle aged and not wise on the ways of the wild. I would foresee a short wild life if not as mentioned above. I'm glad that Pappy will have a chance to evaluate and find her a permanent home if need be.

"Shelf life"? :shakehead:thinking

I have a wild girl outside right now close to 7; Butchie and Joey were over two before they got their chance and they are thriving. In the right setup, 4 is not what I would consider old. Better she gets her chance to decide what she wants. Squirrels are wild animals, after all.

sdreamcatcher
11-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Yes, 4 is the average life expectancy for an outdoor squirrel. Ones who live much longer are unusual. They must be exceptional specimens, very wise on how to survive, and/or in a place with few dangers. This one is middle aged and not wise on the ways of the wild. I would foresee a short wild life if not as mentioned above. I'm glad that Pappy will have a chance to evaluate and find her a permanent home if need be.

I am guessing Pappy lives in a squirrel friendly locale and knows what she is doing :thumbsup. Lucky has made it clear she isn't happy; one reason she is nippy. Even her people don't want her to have to be caged. If she is soft released she will have the option of doing what she wants to do. Mine chose the life they are living; they hated being caged. Adjusting was hard for some of them; Butchie took three weeks before he was finally truly happy -- he had problems getting settled with a new person and he and Joey had unresolved issues (they are, amazingly, buddies again, AND BUtchie likes his new human friend :grin2). Joey was ready after three days; shoot he was ready to go once he was in the crate for transfer :grin2.

IF you ever raise squirrels, and IF you ever have to see the frustration of seeing one who wants to be free, then you will realize they have to have that choice.

farrelli
11-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the sermon. Lucky hasn't made anything clear, unless of course you have some kind of privileged knowledge about her and her current conditions. My point all along is that none of us know what the condition of this squirrel is and that I'm happy that Pappy, a good hearted person, will get her and no doubt will do the right thing, whether that's release or finding a forever home.

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the sermon. Lucky hasn't made anything clear, unless of course you have some kind of privileged knowledge about her and her current conditions. My point all along is that none of us know what the condition of this squirrel is and that I'm happy that Pappy, a good hearted person, will get her and no doubt will do the right thing, whether that's release or finding a forever home.

I was upset with your comment about her being "at the end of her shelf life " and your assumption she should be caged because she is too old to be wild. I am going by her behavior how she is nippy and not really people friendly. I do agree Pappy is most qualified (and I know others here awesomely stepped up to help as well), but it seems to be a theme from other threads lately.

farrelli
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
"Shelf life" is just a euphemism for expected life span, which she is at the end of in the wild. I do not want her to be kept in a tiny cage for the rest of her life and I cannot imagine how you think I would given my posting history. By the same token, she is older with no knowledge of the wild, so "running free" might be a week of fear and hunger before being picked off. Hardly ideal. I do not want her to be one of the squirrels that I have seen, hanging from a raptor's claws, screaming and screaming as they are carried off to a painful death.

I assume that Pappy will evaluate her and find or provide a home for her if required or release her if that is the best option.

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 12:28 AM
"Shelf life" is just a euphemism for expected life span, which she is at the end of in the wild. I do not want her to be kept in a tiny cage for the rest of her life and I cannot imagine how you think I would given my posting history. By the same token, she is older with no knowledge of the wild, so "running free" might be a week of fear and hunger before being picked off. Hardly ideal. I do not want her to be one of the squirrels that I have seen, hanging from a raptor's claws, screaming and screaming as they are carried off to a painful death.

I assume that Pappy will evaluate her and find or provide a home for her if required or release her if that is the best option.

Even captive, instinct kicks in once they are in a release cage setting. Butchie and Joey were captive over two years. I worry about them like I worry about the wild babies in our front maple tree. But they have instincts; they still have access to food. They still have access to nests in and out of the release cage. They aren't in the city so fewer dangers (cars, neighbors etc). They have someone looking out for them who cares for them as much as I do. They come daily, beg for nuts, hang out on the deck, race up trees and live it up every day.

She is going to be slow released at the appropriate time, not tossed out to fend for herself in the middle of winter. She will have the option to go back to the release cage for food and a nest until she gets her bearings. She will be able to listen to and observe wild squirrels before the cage door even opens. And if she doesn't want to go, she will have that option too.

farrelli
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I think you have an idealized and not particularly fact based idea of instincts. Release a wolf, or a lion, or any other animal not in their prime into a world of others who are, and usually the results are predictable.

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 12:40 AM
I think you have an idealized and not particularly fact based idea of instincts. Release a wolf, or a lion, or any other animal not in their prime into a world of others who are, and usually the results are predictable.

And you know this particular squirrel is not in her prime because...? Star is 7 and rules the neighborhood here. I worried about her 3 years ago, but she is still going strong. Butchie and Joey will be 3 soon. Joey is the top squirrel; Butchie is second. Less then three months in their new environment. Case by case, I think we can both agree that Pappy knows what she is doing. IF she feels Lucky is releasable and will do well, she will follow through.

farrelli
11-09-2013, 12:48 AM
My concern is not with Pappy, it is with your grasp on facts. This squirrel is at the end of the predictable lifespan in the wild. They tend to die at this age for a reason. Could this one be blessed with excellent genes which makes her stronger and faster? Sure, but not likely. Could she be in a very safe environment? Sure. Could she be particularly wily and knowledgeable about the ways of the world? Likely not. She is at an age where health and ability to survive tend to decline. There are realities which stem from that. You sound like someone who's giving advice about how people in general should live whilst entering their golden years because of your experience with your old aunt Mable. I tend to work the numbers, especially in the case of a squirrel whose particulars I can't know. You apparently prefer to hope for the best based on a few random examples. I like science, you like anecdotal evidence. We differ.

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 12:52 AM
My concern is not with Pappy, it is with your grasp on facts. This squirrel is at the end of the predictable lifespan in the wild. They tend to die at this age for a reason. Could this one be blessed with excellent genes which makes her stronger and faster? Sure, but not likely. Could she be in a very safe environment? Sure. Could she be particularly wily and knowledgeable about the ways of the world? Likely not. She is at an age where health and ability to survive tend to decline. There are realities which stem from that. You sound like someone who's giving advice about how people in general should live whilst entering their golden years because of your experience with your old aunt Mable. I tend to work the numbers, especially in the case of a squirrel whose particulars I can't know. You apparently prefer to hope for the best based on a few random examples. I like science, you like anecdotal evidence. We differ.

Well that explains it. My grasp on facts is fine. You are science based but not experience based.

farrelli
11-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Much like a doctor who treats a brain tumor but never has had one.

farrelli
11-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Oh, btw, as if it mattered, what exactly is your experience with releasing four year old, home raised squirrels?

rocky63
11-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the update Mary. From what I know she sounds like she will do fine when released and enjoying the freedom to jump from tree to tree.:crazy

pappy1264
11-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Guys....BREATHE! WE ALL WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR THIS SQUIRREL. Her family stated 'they believe she wants out', she has built nests all over, and she will actively chase and attack them if given a chance. I will see how she does over the winter and in the spring, put her in the outside release cage and go from there. She is a city squirrel, whose life expectancy is much lower then in areas like I live in. But it will be her choice. Acting aggressively does not necessarily mean she is ready for the wild, but she surely is on her way. She will be around other squirrels over the winter, so she can see, hear and smell them. And in the spring, she will get to mingle with my wilds (through the cage) and watch and learn and she will let me know what she wants. Either way, she will be ok. PLEASE agree to disagree on the fine points, but THE BOTTOM LINE WE ALL WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR LUCKY!:grin3

TubeDriver
11-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Guys....BREATHE! WE ALL WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR THIS SQUIRREL. Her family stated 'they believe she wants out', she has built nests all over, and she will actively chase and attack them if given a chance. I will see how she does over the winter and in the spring, put her in the outside release cage and go from there. She is a city squirrel, whose life expectancy is much lower then in areas like I live in. But it will be her choice. Acting aggressively does not necessarily mean she is ready for the wild, but she surely is on her way. She will be around other squirrels over the winter, so she can see, hear and smell them. And in the spring, she will get to mingle with my wilds (through the cage) and watch and learn and she will let me know what she wants. Either way, she will be ok. PLEASE agree to disagree on the fine points, but THE BOTTOM LINE WE ALL WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR LUCKY!:grin3

:goodpost. ^^^^^

A VERY experienced squirrel person (Pappy) will have an entire winter to evaluate the options for Lucky. If you have not met Lucky and observed her then all the speculations (whether based on science/statistics and/or past experience and expertise) are just that........speculation.

Please, lets not turn this thread into a pissing contest. Nobody can argue with the fact that Pappy getting Lucky and having many months of observation before deciding what to do is an ideal outcome.

Thanks to everyone who has or is trying to help Lucky. :thankyou

island rehabber
11-09-2013, 07:46 AM

:goodpost:bowdown

Shewhosweptforest
11-09-2013, 08:11 AM
I spoke with Charlie about Lucky for a good while before Pappy called him...they are wonderful people and care alot about Lucky....I think Lucky's aggression comes from food issues ...her room is a giant stash:eek and I was concerned about the fact that they have had Lucky escape before and she wouldn't go off the porch only waited to run back in the door when someone opened it. This all being said they really do want to try and release her... if they did not live in the city where they see squirrels killed in the road daily not to mention have found 3 which they believe were poisoned in their yard (waiting on tox screens) they would have released her a long time ago...also Pappy did they tell you she has absolutely no fear of dogs?
The lucky thing is she has seen and acclimated to the outside through her cage and she's heading for Pappy's ... remember everyone they do not want her to live out the rest of her life in a small cage ...that's their decision... they would rather put her down than do that...they were willing to bring her here to live the winter in my release cage ...but I was hoping a closer more viable alternative would happen :bowdown Pappy thank you for taking Lucky on...she's definitely going to be a challenge...but her chances will increase considerably under your watchful eye:Love_Icon And if Lucky decides she doesn't want to live outside I'm pretty sure she'll let Pappy know:eek :grin3

pappy1264
11-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Yes, they told me about the dogs. Although I have dogs, my squirrels are not exposed to them and once released, my dogs don't even pay attention to the squirrels here, they are so used to them (although the squirrels will run and hide if they see the dogs.) She will learn. Yes, I agree alot of her aggression is due to heavy stashes everywhere and nests she has built throughout her 'room'. They know for her time here, she will be in a cage, she will learn a routine, but that she will also be exposed to other squirrels and will have the winter to see how things pan out. I do NOT allow my squirrels to have a stash. They do get nuts, but on a limited schedule, so they eat them, don't hide them. They are happy she will not have to travel far, and I told them they can come back when it is time for release so they can see her (if that is ultimately what she decides to do). I told them I would email them pics of my release cages, yard, etc, so they can see where she will be (plus they will be bringing her up themselves.)

Shewhosweptforest
11-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Ohh I think they are blessed to have ya! I told them how close you were and experienced and they were very excited :Love_Icon

I don't know about you but I believe once a squirrel is released they become heightened to danger and will fear animals they saw in the household...just because they're outside and always on alert...just like Matti and Chick are nervous around me (their own momma :() because their survival instincts kick in:thumbsup

I think you're wonderful for taking Lucky on and it's an added bonus that they will be close enough to be a part of her big day :thumbsup

pappy1264
11-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I actually have helped them in the past with Lucky, when she was sick. I just left them a message, hoping tomorrow will work for them (need to clean out my chicken coop today, so it would be easier tomorrow, but if not, they can come today). Yes, I have seen that myself. I am happy to help, and I think when the time comes, if she chooses so, it will be good for them to get to see her in the trees, being a squirrel and knowing that she is happy. I know they love her dearly and want the best for her.

Shewhosweptforest
11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
That is amazing....it's a small world and even smaller in the "squirrel world" :grouphug

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Pappy I hope I didn't post anything that made you think I wasn't 100% supportive of you and your abilities to know what is best for Lucky :sanp3. I know it was between you and Shewhosweptforest and both of you have the expertise and awesome accommodations for a successful release. Special kudos too for Lucky's first family who have cared wonderfully for this little girl and only want what is best for her. I had similar issues worrying about my oldest two which is one of the main reasons I kept them so long. IT IS hard if not impossible to release in the city; the mortality rate seems so much higher. I know there are no guarantees but she will have her chance if she wants. I have no doubt they will be lost without her, but knowing she will be happy will hopefully help them. They are truly selfless people and I hope their situation improves from here.

If it puts anyone else's mind at ease, Joey was NOT afraid of dogs and after an incident in my neighborhood I panicked. Had I not found the person whose property they live on now I would have been just as lost (add to that my Mom wondering about my mental status because I was "holding on" to them so long :bricks....). I also feared they would be too people friendly and they are, at least Joey is; he will jump on people he has only just met. Ironically when he was here he was very wary of people, with only two exceptions (one being the person who took him in). Butchie took longer but now also has a bond with his new friend. I hope Lucky develops a bond with Pappy over the winter, I am sure she will take several weeks to settle in. So glad everything has worked out for her.

We WILL of course be getting pictures through the winter, right? :grin3

pappy1264
11-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Its all good! And of course there is always pictures!!! lol As I said, we all want the best for Lucky, bottom line. I have dealt with some pretty 'overzealous' squirrels (to put it nicely) overwinter, so not concerned on that end. She will figure it all out as we go. We both will. At least she will have company of her own kind (even if not in the same cage) so that is good. And when the time comes if she chooses to stay, that is ok too. It will be her choice. Either way, she will be taken care of.

sdreamcatcher
11-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Its all good! And of course there is always pictures!!! lol As I said, we all want the best for Lucky, bottom line. I have dealt with some pretty 'overzealous' squirrels (to put it nicely) overwinter, so not concerned on that end. She will figure it all out as we go. We both will. At least she will have company of her own kind (even if not in the same cage) so that is good. And when the time comes if she chooses to stay, that is ok too. It will be her choice. Either way, she will be taken care of.

:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

Shewhosweptforest
11-09-2013, 05:24 PM
And when the time comes if she chooses to stay, that is ok too. It will be her choice. Either way, she will be taken care of.

:Love_Icon Never a doubt in my mind!:Love_Icon

pappy1264
11-09-2013, 06:46 PM
:grin3TY! They will be coming up next weekend with Lucky, so will keep everyone updated.

Duckman
11-10-2013, 12:41 AM
:grin3TY! They will be coming up next weekend with Lucky, so will keep everyone updated.

WOOHOO!!!! :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

pappy1264
11-10-2013, 07:37 AM
:grin3

SammysMom
11-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Never a doubt in my mind...:Love_Icon

pappy1264
01-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Wanted to update. Due to health issues, then the holidays, Lucky did not come up to me. They were to come up yesterday. And a miracle happened.....they were able to work out something with the bank and at least for the next (hopefully forever if all works out) they will not have to leave their home. Now if all the things that had happened had not happened, Lucky would have already been at my house. I know Jackie is so thrilled, she still has her baby! She may still do a release where she is in the spring (although after four years, I hope they decide to keep her where she is.) Anyway, wanted to update.

SammysMom
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Perfect ending to a very sad story!!! Thank-you for always being there when a furry friend needs you!!!:grouphug:Love_Icon:grouphug

farrelli
01-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Did you talk to them about releasing a four year old? I would really worry about that. I really hope they keep her.