PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin okay to eat?

JessieF
11-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Can squirrels eat pumpkin, like the orange ones you carve on Halloween? I carved some yesterday for Halloween and have the "face" parts left over. I gave him a teeny tiny piece (inside of the pumpkin, not the skin/outer layer) to see if he'd like it, and he did, so I was wondering if it was okay to give him more?
I trust an animals judgement more than my own, and I'd like to say he knows what's okay and what isn't! But just in case, I wanted to ask the experts :grin

TubeDriver
11-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Can squirrels eat pumpkin, like the orange ones you carve on Halloween? I carved some yesterday for Halloween and have the "face" parts left over. I gave him a teeny tiny piece (inside of the pumpkin, not the skin/outer layer) to see if he'd like it, and he did, so I was wondering if it was okay to give him more?
I trust an animals judgement more than my own, and I'd like to say he knows what's okay and what isn't! But just in case, I wanted to ask the experts :grin

My wild squirrels stuff themselves silly on Pumpkin! They eat giant holes into the pumpkin and then eat all the seeds. They all look fine. :thumbsup

JessieF
11-01-2013, 01:48 PM
My wild squirrels stuff themselves silly on Pumpkin! They eat giant holes into the pumpkin and then eat all the seeds. They all look fine. :thumbsup

Thanks!!! He's about to get all his little heart desires! He :Love_Icon LOVES :Love_Icon it!

farrelli
11-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Just like with humans though, it can cause loose stools. Depends on the squirrel and the circumstance.

squirrellove89
11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Just like with humans though, it can cause loose stools. Depends on the squirrel and the circumstance.

yes it can my lil gabby has the runs today from pumpkin so i would be careful about it =)

TubeDriver
11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Yea, I should have added a part about moderation! :grin3

But intrinsically, pumpkin is not harmful to squirrels.