PDA

View Full Version : New cage for Ms.Kaye, Willie and Jase

mimipapa
10-10-2013, 11:10 AM

This is the new cage I made for the triplets. I still have to put a droppings drawer and trim the outside with some decorative wood trim and of course add some more comforts of home for the little nuts. They love the room they have to run and play. The first day they played so hard they didn't even wake up from their nap when I put their mid day food in the cage.
It stands 5'6" off the floor and is 6'6" long 2' deep and 4' high of living space. now when we let them out to play with them they are more into cuddling with us.

Nancy in New York
10-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Good thing my squirrel didn't see this, he would be packing his bags en route to you.
Beautiful, just beautiful!!!!!!!

mimipapa
10-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you they just love it. When we let them out for play time they will run in and out of the cage. Something they didn't do with their old cage.
But it's still no replacement for chasing each other up and down us and of course peeing on us. lol

maddalana
10-12-2013, 06:29 PM
This is so nice!! What do you put under it to keep the floor clean(ish)? The last cage we built I ended up just putting a shower curtain under it, but that didn't work really well. I've just started the build on a large cage today and wondered what the best thing to put under it would be! It's 6' tall, 5' long, 35" wide.

I've read tarps were alright as well.

mimipapa
10-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I will be installing a pull out drawer. My hope is to find either two 24"x36" or 3, 24"x24" plastic pans to put inside the pull out drawer. I seen some different size ones at the Farm and Fleet store before I started the cage so I didn't check the sizes. That will leave me with a 6"x24" to make up, I thought I might put a dirt digging box for them to bury some nuts and things in.