PDA

View Full Version : What nipple(s) do you use?

Christie189
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Just curious. I was looking around at Chris's and he has several choices. We've been using one that looks like the ST1 - the elongated catac nipple. Should I just order more of those? Or is there something better?

Thanks in advance! :peace

Somebody's Mother
03-29-2007, 05:06 PM
your signature is soooo cute.
no help on the nipple question but that face is soooooo cute!! i am jealous!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
03-29-2007, 05:07 PM
http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=845
this set is the one I have & only use a 1cc. syringe for a good while.:wave123

island rehabber
03-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Ditto what rippie posted above.....and I find that the one on the far right seems to be the one most babies take to immediately. I think they like the bulb that they can push against, like they would do to their mammas.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Any of those in the picture would work fine. I always use the see through silicon nipple until they open their eyes and then switch to the elongated one from catac (yellow one, second to last one in the picture) when they open their eyes. Yours will open his eyes soon so the one you were thinking of would be my personal preference, but it is probably a good idea to get the variety kit and see which you and your little guy prefer. And like Rippie said, I would recommend a 1 cc syringe until his eyes open. Then I wouldn't switch to anything bigger than a 3 cc syringe because it is harder to control how much the squirrel is getting at once and may cause him to aspirate (shoot the milk out his nose).