PDA

View Full Version : Fuss Budget!

puppetgal
09-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I have introduced the squirrel blocks to my guy last week and he really has no interest in them at all. Ive cut them into smaller squares easier for him to hold and even still shred some into smaller pieces for him to feed on like regular food. No luck. Hes a milk lover. He love, love, loves his milk. Ive even tried to soften them up with milk! Am I missing something here? Or just keep trying and he will eventually learn hey I have to eat this stuff? How do you get these guys to eat it?

farrelli
09-24-2013, 03:37 PM
How old? They usually don't start eating them in earnest until about 8 weeks. If he loves his FV, so much the better.

puppetgal
09-25-2013, 07:19 PM
I have no clue how old he is but I'm guessing he's 7-8 wks. He's starting to nibble on them somewhat now, but not very often.

How old? They usually don't start eating them in earnest until about 8 weeks. If he loves his FV, so much the better.

Squirlgirl
09-25-2013, 07:36 PM
USUALLY MY KIDS MAKE A SANDYBEACH FROM THEIR RODENT BLOCKS, INITIALLY. I start them with Mazuri rodent blocks to learn, then switch to HHBS once they start to really eat them.

Rhapsody
09-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I start my babies on HHB when they are 8 weeks old and are able to sit up and hold them...... give it another
two weeks then try placing smaller pieces of the HHB in the cage with him and see how he does.

farrelli
09-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Post a pic and we'll tell you how old. Here's a link to general aging for now:

http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/how-to-determine-the-age-of-a-baby-squirrel?___store=default

puppetgal
09-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Sorry for the delay in pic but I wanted to resize it since I have always posted huge pics. Here he is in all his glory and hes even nibbling a block :)215574 That was just taken tonight.

Post a pic and we'll tell you how old. Here's a link to general aging for now:

http://www.squirrelsandmore.com/how-to-determine-the-age-of-a-baby-squirrel?___store=default