PDA

View Full Version : hurt toe baby

Stephanie K Zon
04-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Well I need help again she still isn't going potty I gave her the cranberry and she went a little don't see no wet bed and no poop her littli belly is swelled up maybe antibotics have pluged her up Is there any thing I can give her to make her go?Thanks I will go put her in a warm bath maybe that will help .:thankyou

rygel1hardt
04-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey Stephanie
My suggestion is that you take her to the vet that prescribed the antibiotics. You need an experienced rehabber to take over the care on this baby.I know you are trying but this baby needs someone experienced. Are you feeding this baby formula more often than every four hours. If you are feeding her more often than every four hours you are causing the bloat by not letting her digest her food before you feed her again. She is also probably dehydrated if she isnt urinating at each feeding. Please take her to your vet and look for a rehabber or this baby probably isnt going to live! Your vet may even be able to find a rehabber for you.

Well I need help again she still isn't going potty I gave her the cranberry and she went a little don't see no wet bed and no poop her littli belly is swelled up maybe antibotics have pluged her up Is there any thing I can give her to make her go?Thanks I will go put her in a warm bath maybe that will help .:thankyou

island rehabber
04-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Stephanie, Rygel is right -- I think your sweetie needs some more experienced care right now. Constipation is often a symptom of other things, and we don't know what those things are. There is one rehabber listed in Vancouver WA, Adam Fahnestock. His number is; 360-571-9571 and he is listed in the National Wildlife Rehabilitation Association directory, which means it's perfectly OK to call him -- NOW. Stephanie I hope he can help -- you love this little squirrel and she needs some expert care right now. Good luck --

Stephanie K Zon
04-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Stephanie, Rygel is right -- I think your sweetie needs some more experienced care right now. Constipation is often a symptom of other things, and we don't know what those things are. There is one rehabber listed in Vancouver WA, Adam Fahnestock. His number is; 360-571-9571 and he is listed in the National Wildlife Rehabilitation Association directory, which means it's perfectly OK to call him -- NOW. Stephanie I hope he can help -- you love this little squirrel and she needs some expert care right now. Good luck --Thanks you you guys But I just panic on her next feeding she did her thing and the bed full of poop I was so thankful, but I am glad you got the number for me I will call him frist thing in the morning it is to late here Whether I end up keeping her or not I have enjoyed this baby more than anything and I am so gratful for every ones help it has restored my faith in people a little. In this day and age it is hard to find people who care. But I must say after this last visit to the vet that a member took care of for me what a great guy I have to rite him a e-mail and try and repay him some how. anyway she has made a 100% turn around she is like a real squirrel now only small she is playing tonight with a little toy I put in he box but I know I'm not out of the woods yet not untill I get her released back to where she is supposed to be and her toe almost looks like a real toe again so I am pretty pleased tonight and at peace for some sleep. thank you allso much Stephanie :thankyou :bowdown and I realy bow down to you all.

island rehabber
04-12-2006, 06:37 AM
That's good news, Stephanie...I was worried about your little girl all night and it's great to hear that she did her thing :)

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
04-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Steph, the cranberry doesn't work immediately. You can use nonflavored live culture yogurt for her stomach too. Just like we do.

Stephanie K Zon
04-12-2006, 11:46 PM
well good news tonight. Missy is doing great today she has ate and potty good all day she is starting to play with her little toy in her cage it is the cutest thing I have ever saw, like watching every thing in small form. I guess it just took time to get all her meds working right on her. her toe looks great thanks to Jim and every one eles help. I have to find a way to pay Jim back or the squirrel board or something to give back very tired tonight I will have to came back on tomarrow and catch up on all the e-mail I have gotten from every one I feel like my worst part of this is over. Iam going to get in touch with the rehabber you all told me about here maybe I will learn to be a rehabber my self ,between Missy and all of you out there I feel I have a reason something that is aa good thing you couldn't be;ive what this little squirrel and you all have realy done for me I was feeling pretty down on life so god has come in my life and worked a diffrent way so thank you all out again by for now time for a good nights sleep.:thankyou :bowdown

MissDolittle
04-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Steph emailed me the pictures of her hurt toe baby, so I will post them for her.
You did a great job there, Steph!!! She is adorable :crazy !

http://amazes.us/pics/stephsquirrel2.jpg

http://amazes.us/pics/stephsquirrel1.jpg

and a close-up:

http://amazes.us/pics/squirrelbaby.jpg

Squerly
04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Holly Cow Steph, that's one tiny baby squirrel! :eek: You've done a wonderful job. :thumbsup :multi