PDA

View Full Version : question about baby squirrel weight

honey
08-31-2013, 05:33 PM
My little baby Hope is going to be 8wks old sunday and she weighs 5 oz. What is a good weight for this age? Also i am starting her on Henry's growth formula blocks but they are pretty hard she tries to eat cherios and pecans. i am feeding her fox valley milk 7 cc's four times a day and i have a water bottle in her cage where she drinks water. She started eating broccoli and i was wondering how much of that i should offer her as well.
i have had my baby since july 14 she had no hair her umbilical cord attached and fell from a tree. she has come a long way since then.:) i love her to pieces 213689

lilidukes
08-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Nuke the blocks for a second to soften them.
Better to not give plain nuts before they get to eating
their block. Eventually they will go after the nuts in
the block.

And OMG she is toooo adorable!:grin3

honey
08-31-2013, 05:54 PM
thank you she is the sunshine in my day i will give that a try. Thank you :grin

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
08-31-2013, 06:00 PM
She looks very healthy. Usual weight at eyes opening for a foxer is 100-150 grams. 140 is maybe a tad on the small size for an 8 week old baby, but she doesn't look skinny. You could probably feed more like 8-9 ccs and just feed 3 times a day.

honey
08-31-2013, 07:53 PM
She looks very healthy. Usual weight at eyes opening for a foxer is 100-150 grams. 140 is maybe a tad on the small size for an 8 week old baby, but she doesn't look skinny. You could probably feed more like 8-9 ccs and just feed 3 times a day.

yeah she does eat her 7 cc's very very quickly. Thank you
:tilt