PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters - looking crazy

Starfish
08-22-2013, 12:29 PM
So my maples don't seem to be producing much helicopters right now.... Maybe if I went deeper into the wooded area outback but it's mountainy so I don't feel like climbing rock searching for helicopters. Anyway, my stock was running low. And I noticed yesterday a tree outside my office is producing helicopters like crazy (one side only though). So I brought a ziploc to work and started picking.

2 minutes of work and my guys are gonna be happy for a couple of days. :grin2

Of course my coworkers saw and were wondering what I was doing. I looked a little too nature loving.212873

IrishHarps
08-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Nice! That's a bag of squirrely crack right there!

Starfish
08-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Funny you should say that. One of my coworkers asked me if it was to grow or smoke.

I looked at the tree when leaving; you can't even tell I took anything. I wish I could have cot off a couple of branches and taken them home.

Starfish
08-22-2013, 03:58 PM
While I had a nutrition thread.... Where can I find some nuts in the shell in Ottawa/Gatineau? I can't find anything other than peanuts. :eek TRied Wal-Mart, some grovery stores, Bulk Barn... nothing. This stuff seems to be out mostly at Christmas.

mimipapa
09-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Who's the smart one and which one is the nut? I never thought I would be collecting a winter cache for squirrels. Lol.
But it's a labor of love...