PDA

View Full Version : Update for look what I found on my doorstep.

MomOf2squirrels
08-21-2013, 11:00 PM
The baby is doing fine. She's strong and has a great appetite and a loud cry. She didn't like me wiping her with the corner of the towel. I imagine her little bottom is sore from diarrhea. Which has now changed from yellow to a greenish color and seems thicker. She is definitely getting stronger. She stayed in my bra most of the day as I sneaked her into work with me. It's been a long hot day in Chicago. The AC at work didn't work today. and I was up late into the wee morning hours today and up early. I just fed the little bugger. and am going to sleep. Thanks again everyone.

Mom of Gallileo and now Ebony, sable, onyx or ashley Maybe some of you can put in your say on what we should name this little angel. I love black squirrels they are so rare here in Chicago. But am seeing more and more.

SQUIRRELSAREME
08-21-2013, 11:33 PM
How about pepper? :grouphug

farrelli
08-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Green poop? Does it stink? I'm wondering if this is giardia.

Scooterzmom
08-22-2013, 01:09 AM
The baby is doing fine. She's strong and has a great appetite and a loud cry. She didn't like me wiping her with the corner of the towel. I imagine her little bottom is sore from diarrhea. Which has now changed from yellow to a greenish color and seems thicker. She is definitely getting stronger. She stayed in my bra most of the day as I sneaked her into work with me. It's been a long hot day in Chicago. The AC at work didn't work today. and I was up late into the wee morning hours today and up early. I just fed the little bugger. and am going to sleep. Thanks again everyone.

Mom of Gallileo and now Ebony, sable, onyx or ashley Maybe some of you can put in your say on what we should name this little angel. I love black squirrels they are so rare here in Chicago. But am seeing more and more.

How about Jade? Sounds like it would fit in the series... :)

lilidukes
08-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Inky, Raven, or Jet

Jackie in Tampa
08-22-2013, 03:33 AM
how's the bumm this morning???
and where are the pics of your beautiful black baby!:wave123

MomOf2squirrels
08-23-2013, 12:59 AM
how's the bumm this morning???
and where are the pics of your beautiful black baby!:wave123

Her Bum seems fine now still diarrhea though but not constant just after feeding. It does seem to have a thicker quality. I will try and upload a couple new pics of her that I just took with my phone. And one of my view looking down at her while she hitched her ride at take your daughter to work day today. LOL of course I had to sneak her. Of course it was my idea to have the take your daughter to work day.

farrelli
08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
What's her diet?

MomOf2squirrels
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
What's her diet?

Hi Farrelli: When I first got her I rehydrated her with the rehydrating formula that crittermom told me about the water with the tablespoon of sugar. The baby had diarrhea because the people who left her on my doorstep gave her milk. The next morning Wednesday I went out and bought Goats Milk and full fat greek yogurt, I mixed the goats milk 1 part goats milk and 1 part water added 3 parts of goats milk to the 1 part yogurt per critter mom I believe or one of the other nice people from the board. her stool was still runny but I could see the consistancy was changing and color was a yellowish green. Thursday evening I started her out on full goats milk no water added. After heating it I added 3 parts goats milk and 1 part greek yogurt. Stool was still greenish in color but consistancy was changing, getting thicker. This morning she is still on the goat milk yogurt mixture and stools formed and more yellow than green. I think the diarrhea was from the cows milk the people gave her. The woman who sent the boys who ran away after leaving the box came back later and told my downstairs neighbor this. But anyway Sable seems to be doing better she is strong her crys are strong and load. I think we are going to have a very happy, healthy much loved and cared for baby squirrel who will grow up one day and hopefully make more little black squirrels in the neighborhood.

Sweet Simon's Mommy
12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
So what ever happened to her ???