PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Nipple

firerunner
08-21-2013, 02:19 PM
OMG they came in today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!! Dale our difficult to feed squirrel latched right on and then ate 1.4 CCs!!!!! I literally had to get him to release his suction on it , his little feet were kneading the nipple area and my little boy was having squirrel happiness!!

Chipette well she is the little piglet LOL so she was happy that it was feeding time

and we weighed them chipette is now at 1.2 ounces or 34 grams and Dale is at .9 ounces or 25 grams

they have both almost DOUBLED their weight since we received them 8 days ago...yes I am a very happy squirrel foster parent!!

and thank you miracle nipple !!!

Jackie in Tampa
08-22-2013, 04:52 AM
:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:grin3
I have some too!!!

Thank you Auntie Wheezer.....:Love_Icon

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
08-22-2013, 05:27 AM
I love them too! I haven't ordered any yet since I'm at school with no babies :( , but they ordered some at the wildlife center where I volunteer and they're pretty awesome! They seem to be pretty tough too because the center has had them for at least 3 weeks now and all the other nipples usually only last a few days because of the sheer volume of animals.

Jackie in Tampa
08-22-2013, 05:40 AM
$4 for a nipple , gotta be deluxe!:tilt

Kristin Ward
08-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Hmm... Wonder if Honey would like one?
She still gets her milk baba/ syringe every night.tinfoil
I know, i know, she's 1 1/2 years old, but still my baby girl.:Love_Icon:grin3

Rhapsody
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
I ordered 2 of the Miracle Nipples, and I am just now using one on a 4.5 week old squirrel.... he latched right on, but I had to
hold the plunger to keep her from over eating and or aspirating as she was an eager eater, therefore, the question popped up
into my mind.

WHAT is the YOUNGEST AGE SQUIRREL ANY ONE has USED the MIRACLE NIPPLE ON?
........ and the RESULTS.

:thankyou

island rehabber
09-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I used them on mine when they were 2 weeks old, with a 1cc syringe. They are excellent and I'm so glad somebody invented them!

Sweet Simon's Mommy
09-23-2013, 04:24 PM
where might one purchase such a thing?

Nana3
09-23-2013, 04:26 PM
where might one purchase such a thing?

Leigh has them at Henry's now...

CrazySquirrelLady
09-23-2013, 04:45 PM
i don't think they are appropriate for squirrels under 6 weeks. Nipple is just too long, and they want to suck the whole nipple tip down their throats, and I have choking and milkies coming out nose at 2-4 weeks old age.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-23-2013, 05:09 PM
I have used them on 7-8 gram flers and several 2 week old pinkie greys and they work great!

island rehabber
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
i don't think they are appropriate for squirrels under 6 weeks. Nipple is just too long, and they want to suck the whole nipple tip down their throats, and I have choking and milkies coming out nose at 2-4 weeks old age.

Wow. I had none of that....:dono

Sweet Simon's Mommy
09-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Maybe smaller squirrels ,like Florida squirrels vs New York Squirrel , make the difference. :dono

CrazySquirrelLady
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
just my opinion.

firerunner
09-23-2013, 07:28 PM
No problem here with them I used them when the squirrels were about 1 week old.

Now I have a little issue with chipette but she is 7 weeks and i think it is now a weaning issue.

Rhapsody
09-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the replies...... my little girl that is 4.5 weeks old is also having some issues with fv coming out
of her nose and I am a very slow feeder (and exp). This is my first squirrel that has used the MN so I am
still in the learning phase --but over all I like the nipple.

CrazySquirrelLady
09-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the replies...... my little girl that is 4.5 weeks old is also having some issues with fv coming out
of her nose and I am a very slow feeder (and exp). This is my first squirrel that has used the MN so I am
still in the learning phase --but over all I like the nipple.
I know what u mean. i had the same problems, and switched back to the silicone mothering nipples. I think this nippie will be great for older babies tho. ones with eyes open.

Rhapsody
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I know what u mean. i had the same problems, and switched back to the silicone mothering nipples.
I think this nippie will be great for older babies tho. ones with eyes open.I have ordered some more Miracle Nipples, will try them out on all ages next Spring --findings will be posted as they come in, I am willing to give them a chance.
(my squirrels are Florida Greys, smaller than some Northern squirrels)

pappy1264
09-24-2013, 12:49 PM
All my guys LOVE THEM! (Really need to hold that plunger to make sure they cannot suck it too fast if it is coming out their nose.) I think the nipple is actually shorter then the silicone ones...hhhmmmmm. they are more tapered, too, so more natural. All 5 of my guys acted like they were suddenly back on mom, not a 'fake'...lol

CrazySquirrelLady
09-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Problem may have been squirrel specific. I would like it if they made one with smaller nipple tip for littles.

Silicone nipple, I can keep them off of the whole nipple. with the Miracle nipple, it was not possible.

I raised all 5 of my squirrels with no nipple or silicone mothering nipples, and NEVER had milk come out nose one time with 5 squees.

With miracle nipple had milk coming out nose repeatedly and I advise CAUTION with littles.

I like the product and think it would be great for bigger babies. super.

However, I do not see the sense in having a nipple that they knead on that is too long and chokes them.

I have only had one eyes closed baby and it was one who had trouble with Miracle nipple. It may have just been that squirrel.

REMEMBER, suck the milk out the squirrels nose with your mouth by sticking its nose in your mouth if milk comes out nose. thanks Wendell, that was the best tip ever, i did not know that one at all.

sqrlmum
09-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Problem may have been squirrel specific. I would like it if they made one with smaller nipple tip for littles.

Completely agreed. I have two of them, and my littles that are about 3 weeks old do love them but they are a little too long. My 4-week-old guy whose eyes opened recently is all over that thing like it's infused with squirrel crack! I've thought about trimming one of them, but the opening would be too wide for the littles.

rygel1hardt
10-01-2013, 08:49 AM
With squirrels I could take or leave the miracle nipples, but with bunnies they are a miracle. LOVE them for cottontails!!!Stacey